- Gender and Relationships»
Making New Friends. Twenty Tips!
As we grow older, sometimes our tastes and priorities change. I have found myself seeking new connections and I thought I'd share a quick list of my own ideas. Hope you see something useful!
Twenty Tips to Making new friends and being a good friend.
- Keep ego in check- you are as good as the next person: not better, not less
- Make an effort to be cordial; say hello and smile often. People love to see smiles, not frowns
- Become involved in community groups/classes/volunteer
- Browse libraries/malls/grocery stores and people watch. Learn about people.
- Think of how you would want others to treat you and do that
- Volunteer to help others especially neighbors, family, and friends
- Show your interest by using open ended questions
- Practice politeness and courtesy
- Practice being patient and adaptable be able to bend
- Before you ask for a phone number, get to know the person first
- Go to the local gym and join an exercise group
- Use meetup.com
- Get a dog and go for walks or talk to dog walkers
- Notice things about people like their clothing or jewelry and compliment them!
- Dress in a way you feel comfortable so you're more relaxed when greeting others
- Try new things like an art class or book club which is free
- Invite your friends over for a party and ask them to bring friends (also be a good host).
- Smile as much as you can even if you don't feel like it!
- Be yourself! There's no one like you!
- Enjoy yourself, people gravitate towards happy people
Thank you so much for reading. Please share you own ideas as well.
Are you looking to make new friends?
Making new friends is not just for kids or school age boys and girls. When I moved, I had to meet new people. Some people find this very natural and easy. For the rest of us, some tips can be helpful.
Thanks for reading!