- Gender and Relationships»
- Relationship Problems & Advice»
- What is Love?
Help: What is It?
What is Help?
According to the Werriam- Webster Dictionary Help is a transitive verb which means to give assistance or support to.
Well, we know that help is to extend one hand to someone who needs it. It is helping one another to do a specific task to succeed in ones goal.
"Help Me!" is the cry when we need assistance from one person.
Types of Help
- Physical Help. It is when we are asking for someone's help when our physical body can't make what is expected to us. Example: If someone who is blind and has to walk to a certain place were he or she is unfamiliar, definitely he/she would ask for assistance from someone who is not blind to his way.
- Intellectual Help. When we don't have any idea regarding laws,policies, lessons, problem solving, and many other things which requires ability/capacity of the mind. Example: You have a youngest brother who is slow in English subject. For sure one day he'll ask you to help him in making his homework.
- Emotional Help. The most common type of help that we are asking for especially when we are not open to our family. Most of the time we cling and rely to our friends and co-workers especially when we are emotionally troubled or in pain. Example: If we are in a relationship wherein our partner is cheating on us, we do open up to our friends and ask them for a piece of advice so that our feelings of guilt, pain, and fear will alleviate. It's like finding a light in darkness thru our friends.
- Financial Help. Another type of help that is also common especially to those who encounter losses, diseases, famine, and those who was born in poverty. We always ask help to other people who we think can help us. Example: My father is a CKD patient. He had to undergo dialysis 3 times a week and inject with epogen weekly. We really ask for help financially through government and non-government agencies.
- Spiritual Help- Is the most important type of help that we can ask for someone. People seldom ask for this kind of help because they feel too emotional and weak when we talk about this topic. We really need to open our hearts and mind and repent so we can totally become free from every negative emotions. Example: If one person is guilty in coveting thy neighbor's wife, this person might ask for help from a friend or church leaders. His conscience will never let him sleep.
When To Seek For Help
Seeking For Help doesn't make an individual weak does it only shows that there is a proof to the saying that " No Man is An Island" It may vary as to what type of help we ask for and when to ask for it. Here are some tips as to where we need or should ask help from others.
When to Seek For Help
- When everything we planned had failed.
- If we are unable to perform a task because we have deficiencies and defects which made us weak to succeed in the task given.
- When everything you made right seems wrong.
- If our conscience is too strong which made us feel guilty everyday.
- If everything we had done is still insufficient.
- If we loss everything we had.
- if we believe we need to start a new life.
- if we are unhappy despite the efforts we exert.
- If we always keep on crying
- If we are losing hope and courage despite we have other people on our side
- If we can't fulfill our mission "to be a good person"
- Lastly, if we stop believing in God and stop praying to Him only because of our misfortunes in life
Feelings With Unanswered Help
Feelings After Help Answered
- Not Alone
What Type of Help You Can Give to a Person Who is Stranger to you?
Additional Book For your Guidance
© 2017 Gladz