- Gender and Relationships»
Valentine's Day Gifts for $150 or Less
You don't need to spend money to make Valentine's Day special -- but if you have cash to spare, here are fun ways to surprise your sweetheart.
Enjoy these top Valentine's Day gifts for $150 or less.
Indoor Skydiving Video
What is Indoor Skydiving?
Instead of jumping from a plane, you can "fly" indoors while supported by a powerful fan.
Indoor skydiving is offered in many major cities. Do a Google search for "indoor skydiving coupon."
1. Give a Crazy Rush
Give a rush of excitement with an "experience gift." This can provide a great bonding experience for a couple too. Ten examples of experience gifts available for $150 or less include:
- Indoor skydiving
- Guided snowmobile tours
- Horseback riding
- Tandem skydiving
- Scuba lessons
- Stock car racing
- Private ninja lessons
Portable USB Turntables
2. Give a Retro Record Player
If your sweetheart likes music, consider giving a retro-style record player. New record players by Crosley look old-school but let you play MP3s. Some even create MP3s from vinyl tracks.
To complete the gift, tie the record player with a big red bow. Maybe give a few record albums too featuring romantic songs or your darling's favorite artists.
Old records cost about $1 at thrift shops and flea markets. New releases and rare old records in great condition can be found at music stores, on Amazon and on eBay.
3. Travel in Style - Rent a Ride
Driving a classic car or other special vehicle can add style, fun and excitement to your Valentine's Day date. Combine this gift with a scenic drive and a picnic or a night on the town.
- How Much Does a Rental Car Cost? Renting a luxury vehicle for Valentine's Day can easily cost $150 or less -- in the end. However, you'll probably need to leave a deposit before you're handed the keys.
- Is Rental Car Insurance a Scam? In most cases, rental car insurance isn't recommended. Most people's personal auto insurance policies automatically extend to rental cars. GEICO policies are prominent exceptions. (That's partly why GEICO's rates are low.)
How to Get Rental Car Discounts
1) Use car rental coupons from RentalCarMomma.com.
2) Set your own price at Priceline.com.
3) Search for a rental car discount at FareSpotter.com.
4) Take advantage of discounts offered by AAA and certain credit cards.
4. Reserve a Romantic Hotel Suite
Plan an in-town Valentine's vacation. Since Valentine's Day falls mid-week this year, romantic hotel rooms are likely to be offered at better discounts than usual.
Even if you need to check out early, this expense can feel worthwhile! Enjoy the spa, room service and maybe a private Jacuzzi.
"Fantasy suites" include extras. Some are bawdy and would shock about half the population. Others are child-friendly (at least until you arrive).
5. Give a Classic: Jewelry
Unless you're not at "that stage" yet, a gift of jewelry is probably perfect for Valentine's Day. Wristwatches, rings and earrings make great gifts. To make a jewelry gift extra thoughtful, include your sweetheart's birthstone or simulated red rubies.
Sears.com has a surprisingly wide selection of gemstone jewelry for $150 and under. If you do choose Sears jewelry, I recommend using a non-Sears gift box. Since Sears doesn't cry out "romance," the name could detract from your gift's sparkle.
Here are sites with more Valentine's gifts ideas for him & her.
Valentine's Day Gift Ideas
- El Gifto
El Gifto is your Personal Shopper, your Butler, your Holiday Elf and gift-giving BFF all rolled into one.
- Non-Cheesy Valentine’s Gifts for Guys
Another year has passed, and another Valentine's Day is coming up, and you are wondering again, what to get your boyfriend or husband. Unless your man collects teddy bears and picture frames, the usual Valentine's gifts are just not going to cut...
- Creative Valentines Day Gifts for Him
Witty, yet serious. Sincere, yet fun. Here are some ideas for Valentines Day gifts for the