- Gender and Relationships»
- Advice & Tips for Women in Relationships
What your man wants
Believe it or not ladies, sometimes we men can be very emotional, more that you all can guess. We tend to not showing it just because of our ego, trust me. In relationships, expectations, grievances, desires and emotions… all arise from our side too… you need to see them sometimes.
A very exponential factor in break-ups is the lack of understanding. Being the man in a committed relationship for three years let me tell you some basics you need to keep an eye on. No offence to the ladies, I think this will help in maintaining a healthy relationship with your beloved.
1. He takes you for granted sometimes because he knows you won’t leave him ever.
Sometimes he won’t return your calls and messages. He might be busy, stuck somewhere. Don’t panic… he loves you… and he thinks you will understand.
2. Sometimes he is silent and doesn’t speak much. This does not mean that he is bored of you.
Not all the years of a relationship can be the butterfly phases when both of you have wings to fly together. Things move on and so does a relation. Sometimes he might have a lot on his mind and remains silent. This in no way means he does not want to break up with you or has lost his interest.
3. He needs to feel that you feel secure with and about us.
Tell him sometimes how nice you fell around him, how protected you fell with him. He likes being the man…make him feel like that.
4. Sometimes he has the right to get angry and expects an apology.
He has emotions doesn’t he. They can get overwhelming sometimes and he may shout at you. You have every right to feel bad. Just once try and give him an apology. I bet immediately he will give you ten of them himself. Both of you will feel great after that. Trust me.
5. Sometimes, he needs a little pampering.
You like getting pampered don’t you? He likes some of it too. Try pampering him on his birthday or any small occasion…see the magic it creates and the smile on his face will light your heart up.
6. He likes pampering you, but sometimes it gets too much and gets agitated.
Had a fight with him, you got angry. You are not responding to his sweet pampering messages for a day. He does the same pampering the next day. You feel nice about that but you want more. Trust me, the moment you feel nice… talk to him and sort everything. Sometimes your greed may give him the wrong picture.
7. Sometimes try to accommodate the problems of his workspace.
He might have had a rough day at work, a hectic day and is tired. Don’t take it the wrong way then. Helping him would make you feel nice rather than thinking that he has lost interest in you, which he has not.
8. Some of his friends are family to him, try to accept them.
Not all his friends are bad! C’mon… you can try liking a few of them. Who knows even you might gain a wonderful friend.
9. He might need some free space or some alone time at regular intervals. That does not mean he has lost interest in you.
We men sometimes take a lot of pressure, may it be work, office, home, family etcetera etcetera. That’s why we try and be alone for some times to ease off. This doesn’t mean that you don’t support him right. It’s just in our nature. Spare us….!
10. He needs just one smile from you to let it all go away.
Trust me! My relation was in a mess. I didn’t want it to end, I love her a lot. One day I sat with her and discussed these problems and she discussed hers and since then my relation has improved, fights have reduced and both of us are happier than ever.
Only a few things matter when it comes to successful relationships. Be impractical, it’s nice to be so. But sometimes a little practical approach can help save hearts from shattering. In the end, love always triumphs over everything.