- Gender and Relationships
Why am I single
You’re single because you suck. Seriously.
I know you hate me for being that direct with you and that’s okay but unlike your so called friends I’m not going to sugar coat anything for you. I know you’re reading this because like millions of single people out there, you’re desperately searching for an answer as to why you’re single. You’re convinced you’re an excellent catch with a lot to offer so how come no one has snapped you up yet? It’s because you suck. Allow me to explain why you suck and why you’re still single.
8 reasons why you’re still single
1. You have a huge ego. Yes you think you’re all that and more and that the entire world should be on its knees tending to each and every one of your petty needs. You act like you’re the best at everything and frankly you have a skanky attitude. If you want to find a mate, you have to kick your ego to the curb. Huge egos are often a shield for self esteem issues and a person with self esteem issues is not attractive to the opposite sex. So deal with your self esteem issues and drop the ego act – it’s such a turn off.
2. You’re such a drama seeking attention whore. Regardless of what your mum told you, the world does not revolve around you. Seriously. People are attracted to people who care about someone other than themselves so drop that “it’s all about me” attitude. Be genuinely interested in other people and you’ll be surprised at how drawn people are to you.
3. Unrealistic list of qualities. You’re a “plain Jane” who wants David Beckham. You’re an all night dinner waitress in middle town USA who thinks George Clooney is going to come passing through one day and sweep you off your feet. You work the cash register at Burger King but you expect to hook the CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Not going to happen so quit dreaming and get real. Don’t ask for more than you can offer. If you want a fit mate, you need to be fit yourself. If you want a successful partner, you need to be successful yourself or at least be headed in that direction. Be honest with yourself and have a realistic list of qualities you’re looking for in a potential mate thereby increasing your chances of saying goodbye to single-hood.
4. Your appearance sucks. I’m often amazed at the number of single people who walk out of their houses looking like they don’t have a mirror or an iron. If you hope to hook a mate, you need to look your best all the time. That means ditch the old dirty sneakers and pull out the heels. It means putting on a little bit of blush and lipstick. Trade in that shapeless shirt for a flattering top. Get a manicure and pedicure. Do something with your hair besides just wrapping it up in a messy ponytail. We live in a shallow world and you will get judged on your appearance so make sure you look your best each time you step out of your house.
5. Your career. Congratulations on having an awesome career. You worked so hard to get to the top of the corporate ladder and all those sacrificed weekends have finally paid off. But while you have a fulfilling career, you always come home to an empty house. It sucks doesn’t it? So stop taking on extra assignments at work. While it’s admirable to always volunteer for every project, at the end of the day your career will not keep you warm at night. Balance is the key. Work hard but always leave time to play. Otherwise you’re going to end up all alone at 92 with fifteen cats.
6. Emotional Baggage. Everyone has baggage, we all just have different ways of dealing with it. In order to find a healthy relationship, you have to let go of your emotional baggage from past relationships. That means figuring out why these relationships did not work. By understanding what your role was in the demise of these relationships, you’re able to let go of the past and know what not to do in a fresh relationship. Freeing your heart of any emotional baggage leaves it open to possibilities and love always finds its way into an open heart.
7. Lack of social skills. If you spend all your time on your couch watching telly or playing video games, you will forever be wondering why you’re single. You want to meet someone? Get off your couch. Go to the clubs, bars, church, library etc, etc. If none of those places is your scene, then try volunteering. It’s a wonderful way of interacting with other people while doing something good! Network, network, network and don’t be ashamed to ask friends to introduce you to some cute friends of theirs they think you’d like. The wider your social circle is, the higher your chances of finding a mate.
8. You think you’re too cool for internet dating. You’re such a fool. These days everyone is online and internet dating is all the rage so jump on the wagon. The internet is just another venue for meeting people so don’t be afraid to join as many dating sites as you possibly can. Just remember to be truthful in your personal ads and to post current flattering pictures of yourself.
- Hot Singles Want To Meet YOU Now
Seriously hot singles in your local neighborhood are ready to meet you right this second.