Would You Attend a Same-Sex Wedding?
President Obama Weighs in On Gay Marriage
Playing the public opinion polls for 2012 election year distraction may be the end game for the American president but he has come out in support of gay marriage. This is a risky declaration given that he polls show 50-48 margin with a 3% margin of error.
I am shocked that the president is taking a position on such a controversial issue. Signs of the times!!!
What about you? I want to ask you a question?
Would you attend a same sex wedding ceremony?
Would You Attend a Same Sex Wedding?
I was brought up in a tradition where the healthy desire of a male is to caress a female body. A natural and positive instinct that gives pleasure and produces offspring when taken to its orgasmic conclusion. The true lover lives for the gentle curves, the soft touch, the arousing scent of a woman’s body when it pulsates with that warm need to be held and loved.
Could someone please explain to me how a man can rationalise the lifestyle which says it’s okay for a man to choose to display the same attraction and therefore behaviour to the same sex.
I am going to be extra reasonable here and concede the following:
1. Especially after the Caster Semenya situation it has become patently obvious that some persons are born with gender ambiguity. Gender identity could possibly become an area of concern for such persons especially if the correct medical intervention was not made early in life.
2. A culture in which the homosexual taboo does not exist may be observed to have ritual homosexuality.
3. Heterosexuals who indulge in anal sex may be successfully accused of indulging in the same practice as homosexual men albeit with a different gender.
So in all three cases the person arguing from the viewpoint of biblical theology will have to marshall the full spectrum of moral and ethical prohibitions against homosexuality, and more. From the Creation story to the destruction of Sodom, to Paul's emphatic polemic against the perverse reversal of nature. And even proceed to show that social and scientific evidence is in harmony with the Christian Bible.
To add to the sad state of affairs, there are two troubling trends that I am noticing:
1. Homosexuals, like atheists, are becoming more militant in their demands for their rights and freedoms to practice their lifestyle. It means that if I get comments to the article then many of them might very well be self-declared same sex advocates.
2. The increasing complacence of conservative Christians who have simply adopted the position of live and let live. I heard a story recently that illustrates the point and may just serve as the tipping point for a final decision to flee the lukewarmness: a pastor in his sermon shared a story about two friends who divorced their wives in order to marry each other. They invited the pastor to attend the wedding and told him they knew he did not support same-sex marriage but were asking him to attend to support them. The pastor attended the wedding. Then had the gall to talk about it in his sermon.
What are your views? Do you believe that he should have attended the same-sex wedding ceremony?