Best Fall Wedding Ideas
Ideas, Tips and Resources For A Perfect Fall Wedding
Fall evokes a wonderful time to celebrate the union of two people. Fall themed weddings are perfect to celebrate the love of two people in the warmth of the season. Fall colors blend perfectly as a backdrop for your ceremony and reception. Finding the things your need to create your theme is not difficult at all. If you enjoy the fall season, and have plans to celebrate your wedding with a fall theme, here is your complete guide
There are several fall colors to thinks about. How about orange, peach and green together. Or red-orange, brown and green? Even orange, brown and red add a warm tone to your wedding dÃ©cor If you want lighter tones, then orange, light green and white may work for you. Yellow orange and red and what we most think about when we think about fall colors. Bright orange, light green and purple all go together for fall colors too. You can use any combination in different tones to create your fall wedding.
More About Your Fall Theme
Rustic Or Sophisticated
Your Fall wedding theme evokes the wonderful fall colors. It is a wonderful theme to chose, especially for weddings between August through November.It is a very easy theme to work with because of the many options open to you.
It can be a very rustic setting or a more sophiticated type of outlook. The choice is yours. You can make it colorfull with pumpkins and gourds or you can make it with elaborate candles and fall colored lights.
The warmth of a fall afternoon or evening makes this theme one that your guests will remember for a long time.
Adding a few pumpkins at the entrance of your venue with some potted fall flowers make an elegant statement. You could also add a fall wreath or two to the entrance of your reception. However, unless you are doing a Halloween theme, avoid overdoing your dÃ©cor.
Fall Wedding Ideas - It's All About The Little Touches
Every touch that you add to your Fall Wedding Décor will make your wedding stand as one of the best ! Add one or more of these ideas to your wedding and you will be pleased with the results
- Add fall leaves to the edges of your wedding aisleUse real small leaves when possible. If you are not where the leaves fall, see if you can find someone to send you some. Otherwise, you get get some very realistic silk fall leaves
- For a more rustic fall look, create your own unity candleTake a birch or other type if snall log, Hollow out the holders for the candles. Glue on fall flowers and you have a unique way to have a unity ceremony
- Plan an outdoor ceremonyWhy not use the colors and the beauty of the season to compliment your fall theme. Holding your ceremony under a huge colorful tree or group of trees would be an outstanding way to celebrate your coming together
- Create A Fall Leaf Wedding ArchwayUse an archway with fall leaves wired onto it both indoors and out as a perfect ceremony backdrop
- Carmel Apples Make A Perfect Fall Wedding Favor You can make them yourself or have them made. Either way, they look perfect on your tables
DIY Easy Fall Wedding Ideas
Creating a perfect fall background for your wedding is easy and doesn't have to break your budget, Here are a few ideas that you can use with common items that you can find in your local grocery and craft store
- Painted Pumpkins -go rustic or rustic chic with these painted pumpkins. Pumpkins come in all sizes so you could have a grouping of different sizes as a centerpiece or decorative piece. You could also use a painted pumpkin for a table number. The best way to start is by painting your pumpkins with a primer first. This will prevent chipping n the skin and the pumpkin will last longer. Then spray pint the pumpkins a metallic color or any color of your choice, Cover the stem of larger pumpkins with painters tape. Use tiny spray painted pumpkins in a bed of moss for each table setting in a little basket. This can double as your wedding favor
- Painted candlesticks are a perfect way to add some romance to your fall wedding. Think silver and gold or hammered metal colors. Simply paint wooden candlesticks and add some fall candles to your decor
Bowls of fruit make a nice touch. Perfect fall apples and pears, plus some colorful grapes in a nice basket can be placed on every table. It can also be used on a dessert bar to add a little something extra
Mixed Cocktail Nuts
Ideas For Fall Weddings
Cocktail nuts are perfect for fall weddings. Mixed cocktail nuts can be left in bowls around the areas of your cocktail hour area. They can also be bles in little bowls on your reception tables as nibbles. Consider wrapping them in boxes or bags as wedding favors. Have them on dessert tables or candy buffets as a savory end to your special day. They are seasonal and can easily be bought in bulk
DIY Fall Bride - Make Your Own Fall Bridal Décor
- Painted Fall Pumpkins
Delightful fall pumpkins all dressed up for your wedding
Using real fall leaves is a perfect natural free choice for your fall wedding dÃ©cor, but remember not to use them near any open candles. You may want to consider using flameless candles if you are considering using them
Beautiful Money Saving Fall Wedding Idea
Use Fall Flowers For Centerpieces And Favors
You can save a lot of money using seasonal flowers like mums for centerpieces and favors. Group pots of seasonal fall flowers in the center of your tables. Decorate the pots with tissue paper or wrap them with washi tape. Fall ribbon can also be used. Place enough pots on the table so that each single or couple can take home a pot of fall flowers. This can double as both your centerpiece and wedding favor. Want to add a little height to your arrangement. Borrow or locate inexpensive cake plates that you can find at your local thrift store. Or place your pots in large baskets decorated with fall ribbon that can be used again. Mums and Shasta Daisies are perfect for this idea. They come in a rainbow of colors. Check out your local nursery store or grow them yourself
Fall Signature Cocktail Ideas
If you really want to cut the bar bill at your wedding, offer a signature cocktail or two instead of an open bar. Or just add some ambiance to your reception or cocktail hour with one or two of these fall themed drinks. Here are the recipes for wonderful fall cocktail ideas
Fall Taper Favor Idea
Using fall leaves and flowers for your wedding cake really adds a lot to your dÃ©cor. Even if you are considering a traditional white wedding cake, add a touch of fall with leaves- silk or real around the base of your cake
Fall Wedding Call For Pie Dessert Tables
Wonderful Fall Wedding Idea
The Fall season makes us think about all kinds of great comfort foods. One of the first things that come to mind is the delight of the fall pies. Apple, pumpkin and so many more. So why not include your favorite pies in your fall wedding? You could have pie instead of the traditional wedding cake. Or you could serve pie and coffee as a dessert. Or you could add a pie and coffee bar to offset the drinks that have been served at the tail end of your wedding. No matter how you do it, you could wow your guests with this one idea. You could bake them yourself or buy them. Either way, it's a great idea for a post meal treat
For an elegant touch to your fall wedding dÃ©cor, add some leaves that have been gilded with gold leaf or paint
Pumpkin Wedding Décor
Ok, so we are not talking about a carved Halloween pumpkin. But the use of pumpkins and gourds placed strategically makes sense for your fall wedding. When you are shopping for pumpkins especially, make sure that you have a good stem, so that you won't get any rotting. Tap the pumpkin. If it has a hollow sound, it is not overripe. So what can you do with pumpkins in a wedding?
- Line the walkway or aisle where you will be walking.
- Place a group of pumpkins, gourds and leaves in the front of your church or chapel instead of flowers
- Use very small pumpkins on a cake plate as a wedding center piece. Invite your guests to take one home. You could also use some apples with the pumpkins
- Hollow out little pumpkins and place a dollar store votive inside. Add a candle and you have some very nice lighting
Free Fall Wedding Printables
- Free Fall Wine Bottle Labels
For a simple fall gift, buy a favorite bottle of wine and dress it up with one of our fabulous free labels featuring autumn leaves, pumpkins and more. All you have to do is download, print, cut and wrap!
Fall Dessert Table Ideas
- Beautiful Baked Apple Roses
Fall apples take center stage for any dessert table. These delicious slices are covered with apricot jam and thin puff pastry. A perfect choice for a fall wedding