- Gender and Relationships»
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender
Reasons to Disengage in Discrimination
According to the Dictionary, Discriminate is to make an unjust or prejudicial distinction in the treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, sex, or age.
In human social affairs, discrimination is treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing is perceived to belong to rather than on individual merit - Wikipedia.
The moment you start classifying yourself as a better person and the moment you start looking down on others just because they don't have what you have, you are discriminating.
Now back to our main topic. You shouldn't try to discriminate or relate with people that discriminate because:
1. Sooner or later they will discriminate you also.
2. We shouldn't encourage discrimination in this our generation rather will should try to strive for life for those that seems to lie in a despair then we are good to go.
3. Like they say 'Soldier go solder come' and 'what goes around comes around'. I don't even have to explain this, it is self explanatory. Instead of looking down on someone why not help them by joining hands with them.
4. Discrimination is childish.
5. Almost all beliefs doesn't encourage it.
6. It can ruin your personality and reputation.
If you have once engaged or still engaging or planning to engage in discrimination, I write this for you, me and I and whenever you notice either of us wants to discriminate, try to correct us because discrimination doesn't make us better than who we are.
Discrimination kills our generation in disguise.
I want to share a little story. It might be relevant to some of you and irrelevant to some of you but please learn something:
There was a boy who lived an average life from his birth time to his teen age and also girl from a poor family. One day, the boy and the girl met each others and became friends. They became tight friends up to the extent that people started suspecting they actually had a secret relationship or so. Out of greediness of the boy's parent, they decided to distance him from the girl and they keep threatening him not to ever talk with the lady again just because she is a poor girl. The boy was told 'If you want to do this with a girl, do it with someone that we can boost of'. When it was time for him to marry, he couldn't find a girl because he always thought his parent will scold him if brings a classless lady home. Moreover, he decided not to have any relationship with a lady and not to marry in his lifetime.
Now, this story is not for your consumption. Read it, analyze it and digest it. I will be happy if you share what you learn in the comment box.
Your experience as a DISCRIMINATOR or DISCRIMINATED in the comment box and what you have done so far about it. Thanks