Comming home after a LONG time gone.

1. profile image47
    Travelling hubbyposted 7 years ago

Comming home after a LONG time gone.

I am a soldier currently deployed. When i get home i will have been gone for a year. My wife and i talk often and we are both still very happy with the relationship regardless of the time apart (this is not the first time i have been away for a year or more). When i am away my wife really steps up to the plate with our 3 kids, pets, money, and all the house work. She has no help with these things but still puts a smile on her face and talks me down after a hard day. What can i do to show her how much i appreiciate her hard work and sacrifice without spending a ton of cash. Any ideas

2. Lynda Gary profile image55
    Lynda Garyposted 7 years ago

Kudos to you for recognizing her sacrifice.  Making sure SHE knows that you recognize this is crucial.  The feeling of being appreciated is one of the best gifts you can give a person.

Some ideas:

Relieve her burdens.  Take over with the housework.  Tread carefully with the kids, however, because even though they undoubtedly recognize you as "Dad," they aren't used to following your method of parenting (discipline, for example.)  Ease slowly into it, to allow them time to get reacquainted.

Make coupons and give to her: An hour massage; a rose-petal bath; a candle-lit dinner (that you make).  That sort of thing.  All free.  All show how much she means to you.

Write her a letter and express your deepest feelings.  It is guaranteed to become a favorite keepsake for her.

working