jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the seven year itch in relationships?

1. lilmissbookworm profile image65
    lilmissbookwormposted 7 years ago

What is the seven year itch in relationships?

2. sentimental profile image45
    sentimentalposted 7 years ago

The Seven Year Itch is a 1955 American film based on a three-act play with the same name by George Axelrod.
    The film was co-written and directed by Billy Wilder, and starred Marilyn Monroe and Tom Ewell, reprising his Broadway role.
    It contains one of the most iconic images of the 20th century -- Monroe standing on a subway grate as her dress is blown above her knees by a passing train.
    The titular phrase, which refers to declining interest in a monogamous relationship after seven years of marriage, has been used by psychologists

3. phiphi profile image56
    phiphiposted 7 years ago

I must say that the seven year Itch is a 1955 American film based on a three-act play with the same name by George Axelrod.

4. kozmicbluej profile image60
    kozmicbluejposted 7 years ago

It normally comes earlier than 7yrs I reckon! It's when your eye starts to wander a little and you wonder if the grass is greener outside the relationship or with another!

Like Itchy feet, when people need to move on.

You either scratch or ignore it!

5. wychic profile image91
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Aside from where the term comes from...it's generally the point at which a relationship seems to have lost all its luster, and one or both of the people in the relationship start wondering what else is available out there. This is the point at which many relationships fall apart, and it requires some active participation from both partners to overcome it. The good news is, for those who work together and get through it, they've generally learned some very valuable things about each other and what's needed to keep the relationship "fresh and exciting."

6. gregas profile image80
    gregasposted 7 years ago

Hi Lil, I've always heard that the seven year itch you're talking about is when a person hits their seven year mark in their marriage they get the itch ti see someone else. Mine actually didn't hit me until after 18 years and my wife told me she wanted a divorce and then it was my fault because I started seeing someone else. Greg

working