jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

My friend drinks every day.Is he on his way to become addict?

1. akuigla profile image61
    akuiglaposted 6 years ago

My friend drinks every day.Is he on his way to become addict?

At least two,three beers daily.But every day.

2. BabyCheetah profile image73
    BabyCheetahposted 6 years ago

I think anyone who drinks excessively every day is already an alcoholic. I lived with one for the last 5 years. 2-3 beers I wouldn't consider too bad but I don't think it's healthy sad

3. puddingicecream profile image73
    puddingicecreamposted 6 years ago

I also agree that someone who drinks excessively every day is already an addict.

4. Rob Winters profile image86
    Rob Wintersposted 6 years ago

Not that it's ideal but many people get into the habit of having a beer or two or a glass of wine of an evening as part of their daily routine.

I believe that regardless of the actual quantity 'necessarily' if someone continues to drink despite the negative consequences of said drinking they could be said to have a drinking problem.

You'd have to judge whether that's the case with your friend. If this pattern has being increasing or becoming more frequent than what was normal for your friend that could also be an indication that something is amiss. Would/do they react negatively if something inteferes with their opportunity to have their few drinks each day? Do they do out of their way to ensure their few drinks - e.g. if after getting home from work they discovered they were out of beers would they just wait till the next time they were at the store or would they have to go and pick some up that evening? Again theses would be indicators of a degree of reliance/dependence.

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

impossible to answer contrary to what some might say. some people can drink or do drugs all the time and then just quit. others will use it as an excuse and say they are addicts.

6. nycgrl profile image79
    nycgrlposted 6 years ago

Yes, he most certainly has a problem. It is 2-3 beers now but it could keep getting higher because eventually those won't be enough. Pay attention to see how much he drinks when he is depressed or things just aren't going right. I am willing to bet its a lot higher than 2-3 beers on those times. Hence he's using alcohol as an escape which means yea he unfortunately has a problem.  Unless he can somehow give up the 2-3 daily and cut back, I say he needs some counseling.

7. profile image0
    Muldanianmanposted 6 years ago

It would depend on the alcohol content of the beers, as some are very low.  Some alcohol, e.g. a couple of glasses of red wine with an evening meal is good for the heart.