jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What must we do to forgive someone?

1. Pearldiver profile image81
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

What must we do to forgive someone?

What is the process, the real need?  What drives the need to forgive or be forgiven?  Does the process vary in anyway depending on circumstances, social standings or religions?  What are the effects?

2. moneycop profile image78
    moneycopposted 6 years ago

i FEEL TO FORGIVE ANYONE ONE SHOULD keep himself in that position
    secondly one must think of all faults in himself and then feel that no one is perfect
    if that person is really feeling sorry then he must be forgiven as we all feel to be forgived at time we are wrong

3. Catzgendron profile image74
    Catzgendronposted 6 years ago

We're supposed to love based on the Bible yet when it comes to being hurt that's difficult.  My best friend talked to a priest and his suggestion was,  Love the man, hate the sin.

4. WookieWonderfuls profile image61
    WookieWonderfulsposted 6 years ago

forgiving isn't for the other person, it's for you. The only thing you do by not forgiving is drag it round with you allowing it to eat you up while that person is happily continuing with life.

5. susanna NY profile image60
    susanna NYposted 6 years ago

You must realize one does not get to choose his/her life and everyone deals with things differently we all make mistakes and we want god to forgive us but we are not ready to forgive others. Have love in your heart and forgiveness comes easier then you would even wish. I have been hurt by many but my heart just will not allow to stay mad at anyone and believe me if you only knew what i been threw. As you grow and mature as a human you become more aware and understand more and so by this you open your mind to forgiveness.

6. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

good question...the real need?...if it is someone i truly love, my need is to release myself from the negativity that 'not forgiving' is surrounded by; driven by my need to bring things back to where they were before...but i'm not sure it's really possible to go back to before the 'crack in the road' started ...i do believe it's possible to step over that 'crack in the road' and start anew...it'll be different however...the  effect  from forgiveness, would be that the relationship would be stronger..than before...changed, for the better...it's hard work...you have to believe...both of you