jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you hold back when you think what you say will upset somebody? What effect do

1. WookieWonderfuls profile image59
    WookieWonderfulsposted 5 years ago

Do you hold back when you think what you say will upset somebody? What effect does it have?

2. Parks McCants profile image73
    Parks McCantsposted 5 years ago

Apsolutely. Personal as well as business relationship is often fragile. Thinking before you speak? Not only smart, but often kind. and then there's that good advice thing... Not always appreciated.

3. sassysexybossy profile image60
    sassysexybossyposted 5 years ago

I do not like to hurt peoples feelings. I try to watch what I say.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

It is always good to be tactful without being rude.  Communication is all about being heard and understood. People tend to stop listening when someone is yelling or insulting them. You can always provide the truth in a way that helps a person.

5. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I rarely hold my tongue in commenting toward people. It's too easy to do and I love commenting on things I see. I hold back some information about how I get my assuptions or comments and it does cause people to be upset. But that's fine.

6. That Grrl profile image59
    That Grrlposted 5 years ago

Yes, I hold back. It has the effect of not hurting them.

7. Hubpage Gal profile image61
    Hubpage Galposted 5 years ago

I generally hold back on saying something that could upset someone.  Oftentimes, I prove to be a greater person because having self control especially if the situation or argument is irrational and both people are only airing their opinions.

working