jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What should I decorate a plain wedding cake with?

1. Emma Harvey profile image91
    Emma Harveyposted 5 years ago

What should I decorate a plain wedding cake with?

I don't like the usual bride and groom wedding toppers. I want something simple to put on a single tier white iced wedding cake. Any ideas?

2. MonkeyMaker profile image61
    MonkeyMakerposted 5 years ago

I guess it depends on the colour scheme. I went to a wedding once that was red and gold themed, they had a single tier cake too and a simple decoration on top. It was just a little arrangement of red and gold roses made out of icing. It was small and understated but it worked really well, as it fitted in with the theme.

If you just don't like the 'usual' bride and groom setup, my mum had a great topper specially made of her dragging her groom-to-be by the collar back to the altar. It was a brilliant talking point and we still have it on display in our house today. They even got her husband's bald spot!

3. bridalletter profile image82
    bridalletterposted 5 years ago

Jewelry brooches are beautiful. Did you see the episode of cake boss when he made a cake for a social lite. It was adorned with her jewelry. It was stunning!

1. Emma Harvey profile image91
      Emma Harveyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's a different idea. I didn't see that - maybe they don't show it in the UK. I'd love to see a cake like that though.

working