jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What constitutes as "hate speech?" Please give examples.

1. LoliHey profile image56
    LoliHeyposted 23 months ago

What constitutes as "hate speech?"  Please give examples.

There's slinging inappropriate and offensive racial slurs that I will not type on here.   However, I find that some people get all riled up when someone simply disagrees with them, or offers a different point of view, and calls it "hate speech."  Suppose someone regards the issue of transgender bathrooms in public places a bad idea.  They have their own perspective and don't feel comfortable.  Why would that be considered hate speech if no insults have been issued?  Are people that sensitive?  Perhaps we should create a "Hurt Feelings" report for those to fill out when they file a complaint.

2. tsadjatko profile image61
    tsadjatkoposted 23 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12933265_f260.jpg

In a Country where the DOJ is considering making it a crime to criticize or speak against the idea of man-made global warming, where people who simply disagree on policy are labeled racists solely because the advocate of said policy is black and investigations of wrong doing are labeled a witch hunt because the perpetrator of the wrongdoing is a woman, it is not difficult to imagine people will call simple disagreements (usually the TRUTH) with their position or belief hate speech.

Hate speech is whatever a liberal wants it to be, it is a play from their playbook. Just like race baiters call white people a racist if you disagree with them, feminists call men a chauvinist pig if you disagree with them, liberals say your voiced opinion if it disagrees with theirs on any subject pertaining to any sub group of human beings is hate speech.

Plain and simple that is what it boils down to in the parlance of today's usage of the term no matter what the supposed definition of it is. Liberalism, progressives, the left, the looney left, they have no principles, no rock to stand upon, their entire philosophy is a collection of plays and tactics contrived to deceive and conquer and control. Ironically the name, LIBERAL explains them to a tee. It's nothing more than an acronym of their playbook:

L ie

I nnuendo

B elittle

E vade the question

R aise a straw man

A ssert superiority

L ie some more (lie about lying if you have to)

S peak to dead people (optional Pelosi tactic)

Some say liberalism is a disease. I say it is the symptom and the disease is immorality.

3. Link10103 profile image75
    Link10103posted 23 months ago

"Speech that attacks, threatens, or insults a person or group on the basis of national origin, ethnicity, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability."

That's the dictionary definition. I don't really see how someone saying they don't feel comfortable with public transgender bathrooms falls under that though.
    Now if they said they don't like it because transgender people will rape or perv on them, then you could probably make a case for hate speech...

4. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 23 months ago

Hate speech is "f-u racist insult", but this should not be illegal.
    Too many people are instead saying, "if you disagree with me, it isn't a reasoned position, it is because you're a hater. You're a hater, so I don't have to listen to you and I've smeared you to boot. Oh, we have to ban hate speech, it sounds so good to say that - ban the opinions I don't like because it is all just based on hate".
    This is why hate speech legislation is contrary to democracy. Oppose illegal immigrant amnesty, get smeared as hating immigrants / racist, and the hate speech people say we have to stop discussion on amnesty / law enforcement because all views than theirs are hate.
    Want to debate the wisdom of bringing in Muslim refugees we can't vet for terrorist ties (San Bernadino shooters, Somali refugees who are sending sons back to fight in Jihad) or the cost when 5% of the workforce has dropped out, get called Islamophobic and see calls to silence the debate because they scream you're a hater. As if debating the wisdom of bringing in potential mass murderers is hate while the regular Islamic terrorist acts are not ...

working