- Gender and Relationships»
- Weddings & Wedding Planning
Librarian's Wedding Ideas
Book and Library Themed Wedding Decorations
When my niece, a reference librarian, started planning her wedding, I could hardly wait to see what theme she chose. Knowing her love of books and reading, I knew she would work that in somehow. If you are planning a wedding for a librarian or book lover, you'll enjoy seeing how she developed her theme.
I've gathered videos, tips, and pictures of literary or book related weddings, so if you're planning a wedding with a bookish theme or a librarian's wedding, you've come to the right spot.
Invitation Ideas for a Librarian's Wedding - or a literary wedding
- Speak Quietly: Ramblings About Libraries, Writing, and Everything in Between: Library-Themed Wedding
Invitations for a librarian's wedding
- Check out these library card Save the Dates | Offbeat Bride
Check out FolkFusionista's library card Save the Dates! They are pretty perfect, seeing as her future husband "J" is a Librarian and they are both bibliophiles.
- Literary wedding invitations for bookworms and academics in love | Offbeat Bride
If you're a bookish bride who loves reading, libraries, language, and literature then the rest of these literary wedding invitations that I found (some DIYd from Offbeat Brides past, some for sale right this second) should cause some of you to do som
Roses Made from Book Pages
Making Rosettes from Book Pages - A video tutorial
How to create wedding flowers and wedding bouquets using book pages. My niece made these lovely flowers for the table decor at her wedding.
I found a blog that shows an alternate way to make roses from book pages. It didn't have written instructions but showed a photo sequence.
Use a Cricut Machine for the Book Page Roses
You Can Find the Cricut Cartridge on eBay - Close to My Heart - Art Philosophy Cartridge
This is the one demonstrated in the video above to make the book page roses.
Here's another example of using the book page roses to make a heart wreath. It is available on Etsy.
Ideas for the Book Themed Wedding
- My niece made bookmarks of velvet ribbon with a love charm attached to the end. These separated each place at the table and became a souvenir for the guests to take home. Here's another idea for a book-related placecards.
- Consider the handsome decor, courtyard or entryway of a vintage library for taking the wedding photos. Consult with the library first to find a time when you won't be disrupting the library users. Here's an example of an wedding where the ceremony was held in a library.
- One Love Photo: A Literary Wedding - linda & cameron
This couple had some great ideas and delightful photos of their literary wedding.
- Literature Themed Wedding on a Budget | Style Me Pretty
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I am officially on the theme wedding bandwagon. I know, sounds crazy. But frankly, after seeing dozens of weddings
- Raina & Mike's library wedding | Offbeat Bride
This beautiful wedding only cost $600 and was held in a library.
More Tips for a Librarian Themed Wedding
- How to Plan a Wedding With a Literary Theme | eHow.com
Often couples share a love of literature and would like to incorporate it into their wedding. If you would like to follow this trend but aren't sure how to go about the task, follow these steps.
- Literary-Theme Modern Loft Wedding Ideas | Elizabeth Anne Designs: The Wedding Blog
It's safe to say that I'm in love with all of the unique details in this Inspired Creations Contest wedding concept