15 Interesting Facts Found in the Bible
- The word Bible comes from the word Byblos, The name of a city in Phoenicia that produce Papyrus-an early form of paper-for the Greeks
- The first Christian Martyr was named Stephen found in Acts 6:8
- John the Baptist was almost named Zacharias after his father.
- There are two books in the bible that doesn't mention the Lord: The song of Solomon and The Book of Esther.
- Noah was the first drunk in the bible.
- There are really 613 commandments in the Mosaic Law, which includes the famous ten. Most of them are collected in Leviticus.
- Psalms 14 and 53 are identical.
- The shortest verse in the bible is John 11:35 which reads "Jesus Wept".
- The number 7 is considered perfect and holy; 666 is considered to be evil and corrupt. (Revelation 13:18)
- What's new? Nothing under the sun according to the bible.
- The first commandment of the bible is found in Genesis 1:28 " Be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over every thing that moveth upon the earth.
- Jacob was the apple of God's eye.
- What's the root of all evil? It isn't money. What the bible says in 1Timothy 6:10 is," The love of money is the root of all evil".
- There are over 30 Zacharias in the bible.
- There are nearly 774,000 words in all- a total of 66 books, 1,189 chapters, and 31,173 verses and the center of the bible can be found in Psalm 118:8
*Inspired by Globe Digest Series ~Jeff Rovin~