20 Things to Understand About Anger
- It can kill you
Anger and other strong emotions can trigger potentially deadly heart rhythms in certain vulnerable people, U.S. researchers said on Monday.
Sudden cardiac death accounts for more than 400,000 deaths each year in the United States, according to the American College of Cardiology.
11. It clouds your judgment
12. It causes negative physical changes
13. It brings regret
14. It will make you lose
15. It will blind you
16. it will make you lie
17. It is the brother of destruction
18. It is retrievable
19. It is manageable
20. It is just one letter short of danger
- You really can burst a blood vessel
- It makes you look ridiculous
- It hurts other people
- it hurts you and your relationships
- It gives a false sense of power
- It isolates you
- It is a temporary fix
- it costs
- It pays
- It causes you to lose focus
Anger is Managable
- Is the situation or event that triggered my anger important? That is, is the thing that triggered my rage something that threatens my well-being?
- Given the situation or event, is my anger appropriate? Faced with the same circumstances, would the average person get angry?
- Is the situation modifiable? Is there something I can do to change it for the better?
- Is it worth it to try to modify the situation? That is, is it worth my time and effort?