21 Vastu Tips for Your Home
What is Vastu Shastra?
According to the definition given in Wikipedia,Vastu shastra (vāstu śāstra) is a traditional Hindu system of architecture, which literally translates to "science of architecture." These are texts found on the Indian subcontinent that describe principles of design, layout, measurements, ground preparation, space arrangement and spatial geometry.
21 Vastu tips for your home
Vastu Shastra believes that each house has its own energy type. We are influenced by the specific energy field of the house we live in. These energies may influence us in a positive way or a negative way. So it's very important to maintain a positive vibration in the house we live in. Vastu Shastra has several remedies to ensure that the house exudes positive energy, without making any changes in the structure.
Keep your home safe from the evil eyes, poor health & negative energy in the surroundings and usher in positivity by using the below mentioned 21 Vastu tips:
- According to Vastu, you must have a distinct & attractive nameplate outside your house as it indicates ownership and also works in your favor as the opportunities can trace you easily.
- It's advisable to burn earthen lamps or incense sticks morning and evening in your house as it cleanses the negativity in the house.
- A simple and easy tip to get rid of negative energy is to place a lemon in a glass of water and change it every Saturday. This must be done religiously every week.
- One should not keep medicines inside the kitchen cabinet/kitchen as it is believed to attract negative energies and adversely affect the health of family members. Kitchen reflects the good health while medicines indicate the opposite.
- Meditation and chanting once a day are believed to infuse positive energy in the environment. You may also put on some recorded mantras or spiritual music in the house as it uplifts the environment of the house. It helps in calming the mind. And a calm mind can do wonders!
- Mirror should not be placed in the bedroom as it causes disharmony between the couple. In case the mirror is there, then it should be kept covered while sleeping.
- Placing holy water at dark, closed corners of your house and changing it weekly absorbs the negative energies of the house.
- Placing Swastik and Om symbols at the door of your house invites positivity in the house.
- Hanging wind chimes or a couple of tinkling bells at your door is advisable as they break energy patterns and facilitate inflow of positivity.
- Rock salt is believed to absorb negative energies. So one may keep bowls of rock salt in different corners of the house.
- It is very inauspicious to keep pictures of crying woman, war scene, angry person, owl and eagle in your home. If there is one in your home, then you should remove it immediately.
- Aquarium is considered to be very good for prosperity. It should be placed in the South East corner of your living room.
- Always open your bedroom windows for at least 20 minutes a day to allow fresh energy to come in. If not, then stale energy will prevail in the house.
- Crystal showpieces should be used to decorate the house as crystal assists in attracting light thus strengthening the relationships.
- One should not keep pictures or idols of deities in the bedroom.
- Keeping live plants or grains in the toilet will prevent the money going down the drain. You may use this tip if your expenses are going beyond control.
- Placing a sculpture of love birds in the south-west direction in the bedroom enhances the love and harmony between the couple.
- Purple color symbolizes wealth. It is recommended to keep a purple colored plant or a purple colored pot in the house.
- Gods should not be used as a mere decoration piece in the house. Proper homage should be given to them.
- Covered dustbins should be used. Also avoid dustbins which are perforated from the sides as it pollutes the wealth energy.
- Sleeping on metal beds should be avoided. Preferably use wooden beds without storage space to avoid health problems.
If you follow Vastu Shastra rules you will think positively, act wisely and work effectively. So can prosperity be far behind?
The age old practice of Vastu Shastra is all about following certain rules to harness the positivity of our surroundings and lead a peaceful & happy life. Just make the few changes according to the tips given above and feel the difference!
Vastu Tips to Bring Inner Peace into Your Life as Per Vastu Expert Dr Puneet Chawla
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2019 Shaloo Walia