21 Vastu Tips for Your Living Room
This science is complete in itself.
Happiness to the whole world it can bring
All the four benefits it bestows on you
Rightful living, money, fulfillment of desires and bliss
Are all available in this world itself.— Viswakarma in Vastu Shastra
Vastu Shastra is the traditional Hindu system of architecture that describe principles of design, layout, measurements, ground preparation, space arrangement and spatial geometry. It takes into account all the five elements of nature (Earth, Water, Air, Fire and Space) to create congenial settings for home or workplace.
Living room is an important part of every home. Living room is the place where you socialize and entertain guests. It is also a place where you spend some private time with family by watching television or having a conversation over a cup of tea. A compliant living room attracts positive vibes which in turn attract wealth, happiness and prosperity in your home. In this hub, I am presenting some simple and easy vastu tips which you should follow to make your living room Vastu compliant. Vastu
21 Vastu tips for living room
- Living room should be in North which is the best suited direction as it brings wealth and prosperity in home. For a North or East facing house, living room can be in the North-East direction and in the North-West for a West facing house. One should settle for a South-East living room if the house is facing South.
- Exposed beams in the living room are not good as they may cause discord, disharmony and difference of opinions among the family members. Important decisions should be avoided while sitting under exposed beams as it causes stress. It's better to conceal the exposed beams using a false ceiling.
- Within the living room, keep heavy furniture in West or South side. Furniture arrangement should be such that it gives allowance for free movement from the living room into other rooms. Avoid cluttering the living room.
- White, blue or green are ideal colors for the walls and tiles of the living room. Avoid using red or black.
- Avoid fixing a chandelier right in the center of the living room because it's not advisable according to Vastu Shastra. Chandelier can be slightly towards the West side.
- The TV should be placed in South-East corner and not in North-East corner. TV in South-West corner will increase the chances of it's breakdown often. The family will waste a lot of precious time watching TV if it is in North-West corner.
- The sitting arrangement of the head of the family should be facing the east or in the north direction so that he remains in command and the others are not able to dominate him.
- The telephone should not be placed in the South-West or the North-West corners.The East or the South-East or the North directions are advisable for keeping the telephone.
- Do not hang any portrait depicting negative energies e.g. war, crime, weeping women/children, wild animals etc in the living room. In fact, avoid them anywhere in the home.
- Square or rectangular furniture should be used in the living room. Avoid circular, triangular, egg shaped, hexagonal or odd shaped furniture.
- North-East corner of the living room should be kept neat and empty if possible. Some healthy plants in this corner are advisable.
- Artificial flowers, dried flowers, cactus/cacti or bonsai plants should not be kept in the living room as they are considered inauspicious.
- Living area should be lit brightly with soothing lights.
- Aquariums are beneficial to place in the North, East and North-East of living room as aquarium is considered to be a powerful remedy to nullify many vastu defects.
- Never keep an aquarium in South direction as it will draw all positive energy out of the home.
- The living room should be near the entrance and should reflect positive energy.
- Ensure that the main door is visible to the guests while sitting in the living room.
- Placement of air cooler or air conditioner should be in West, North-West or East direction and not in South-East.
- A water fountain can be placed in the North direction which is good for the flow of finances.
- Pictures or idols of God should not be displayed in the living room.
- Spend good time in the living room as it is the center of the house.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2020 Shaloo Walia