23 Psalms Explained
The 23 Psalm - What Does It Mean?
- 1.The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
- 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
- 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
- 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
- 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
- 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
The 23 Psalm is one of the more prolific prayers which is said by millions of Christians worldwide. We say it in times when strength is needed, we say in in times when we need a little upliftment. We say it in adverse situations when our backs are against the wall and the only thing you can turn to is the essence of creation. But do we understand the 23 psalm? Have we ever sat and put real life meaning to the words of this powerful prayer? I believe that saying words with without understanding will never bring forth the true energy and wonders those words were meant to bring forth.So who gave me the wisdom to demystify this prayer and understand what it is really saying? Well, I saw all this in a dream. One night while laying down beside my wife, I began to wonder about the heavens above the earth and the mysteries of waters and creation. I said the 23 Psalm and then fell into a deep sleep and this was the understanding which manifested.
1. The Lord Is My Shepherd, I shall Not Want.
Who is a shepherd? A shepherd is a person who attends to his flocks. He ensures that the herd is fed, watered and that no harm will come them under his/her watch. This is the same with the creator, he is our leader, the one who will provide for us in any situation. He has given us lands in abundance to never want of anything. He has protected us from harm in many ways. Their is absolutely no need to want when you are lead by the creator.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
Take a look around. Not just next door in this concrete jungle. Look around the Earth and you will see nature in all its magnificent glory. This is what the creator gave to us, a place so beautiful and restful there is no need for stress of any kind. The Lord will always provide a place for you to rest and replenish.
3. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
When your soul becomes weary and life becomes burdensome, he has the power to uplift your spirit and revitalize it. Taking it to a place where your consciousness is fully awakened. This wakening or freeing of the soul can only lead to true wisdom which hence brings you to a state of righteousness. You will have no bad energy, but will only emit a positive energy which will be felt by anyone you encounter.
4. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Today we live in a world filled with negative energy. We walk the path of these energies everyday whether we want to or not. Many kinds of adversities will arise from this negative energy and many will try to break you physically or mentally. But once you place a strong and committed faith in the creator, the bad energy will do you no harm. This means to accept, trust and commit and use the good energy as your shield in bad situations.
5. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Your enemies will not want to see you prosper and live a happy and good life. They will find joy in your wants and grief. But the God energy will allow you to be fruitful and feast in their presence. He will allow you to have blessings in abundance until you are able to share those blessings with many people.
6.Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
This is your long walk in righteousness. This is a summary of your life and commitment with God. This is a time when you soul has been lifted and you no longer need the flesh. A joyous and enlightenment moment when you will be seated in the house of the lord and all understanding of what is life revealed to you.
Ye Child of God
Remember, you are a child of God and hence a good person by Nature. Pray, work, love and live righteously.
© 2019 Clive Williams