- Religion and Philosophy»
- Christianity, the Bible & Jesus
A LETTER TO THE SAINTS and a link to the audio teaching series: Jesus Christ our Mercy Seat
Hello Beloved of God, cleansed from all impurity by Christ’s blood;
God’s love for us can be found in all that He does, but if we want to see how He chose to most fully demonstrate His love we must view what was accomplished at the cross of Christ – our complete pardon for all our errors, faults, shortcomings and failures. All fade away into being valueless through the eyes of what the cross of Christ produced/produces.
- “In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins.” (1John 4:9-10 AV)
This is God’s love – the propitiation for our sins, hence, the Mercy Seat. The Mercy Seat was where sins were covered by shed blood so that one could enter the presence of God. Jesus Christ is our Mercy Seat by his death for our sins. God’s intense love can be understood through the cross of Christ. The message of what God accomplished for us and brought us into by the cross of Christ is called “the power of God”:
- “For to those who are perishing the message of the cross is foolishness, but to us who are being saved (brought into deliverance, made whole) it is God’s power.” (1Corinthians 1:18 HCSB)
As we learn to process our everyday affairs by way of the cross of Christ, then the potential power of its message becomes manifested power for us. What is our Father aimed at with His powerful message of Christ’s death and its realities? He is bringing us into its deliverance and wholeness, so that we can increasingly live in the realm of His Kingdom.
There is no lack of God’s power in the message. He guarantees that His message is powerful to produce his intended effects:
- “because of the hope laid up for you in heaven. Of this you have heard before in the word of the truth, the gospel, which has come to you, as indeed in the whole world it is bearing fruit and growing––as it also does among you, since the day you heard it and understood the grace of God in truth,” (Colossians 1:5-6 ESV)
God designed His gospel to be “bearing fruit and growing” in all of us.
- “Also, this is why we constantly thank God, because when you received the message about God that you heard from us, you welcomed it not as a human message, but as it truly is, the message of God, which also works effectively in you believers.” (1Thessalonians 2:13 HCSB)
The message “works effectively in you.” God designed it for this purpose.
The audio teaching at the link below on "Jesus Christ our Mercy Seat" is a short but wonderful series on some of the most beneficial gospel truths for God's people to become rooted and grounded in. Jesus Christ proclaimed that the New Covenant is in his blood (Matthew 26).What does that mean? I encourage you to print the paperwork and listen to the teachings at least once, then seek our Father’s counsel on how to process the details of your life in light of Jesus Christ as your Mercy Seat. You will find your Heavenly Father faithful to produce in your life what He promises. You will discover new insights into realities of the Kingdom of God. And you will come into fruit of the spirit more satisfying than you have ever realized before because our Father desires to bring us into “all the fullness of God.” Please consider making the time in your busy life to put these things to the test. You can never be disappointed trusting in our Father’s Word to do His work.
You are an integral member in the Body of Christ. When our Lord returns we shall all clearly see our stellar worth to our Heavenly Father.
Love in Christ, Your Brother
Audio Teaching - Jesus Christ our Mercy Seat
Related Hub: Jesus Christ our Mercy Seat