My Beginers Guide on Paranormal Investigating, and Expierences.
****DISCLAIMER***** I am not an expert and do not profess to know all there is to know on this subject. I can only tell my experience and what I have learned. Thank you !
In the dark of night....
IS THERE LIFE ON THE OTHER SIDE ?
Some of the most burning questions to date.. Is there life on the other side ? What happens after we die ? Are ghosts / spirits real ? These are some of the things that got my friend and I interested in Paranormal Investigation. Long before I had even thought that I'd be doing it I was watching the paranormal shows on tv. Ghost Adventures, Paranormal State, and even a local group that has it's on TV show , Ghost Detectives. I was always on the fence of this subject. Coming from a strong religious background we were taught not to believe in such things. However after some of the things I have seen and heard in my short time investigating the Paranormal I have no doubt that life after death does exist.
ORBS IN A CEMETERY
How did we get started ?
The short version of this story is my friend and I had reconnected after many years. She had come to visit me at my home, which at the time was in a house inside of the cemetery where I worked. It was a warm clear night and we walked around the quiet dark cemetery roads catching up on our lives over the lost years. Through conversation we both discovered our interest of the paranormal. After that night we started getting together for walks around the cemetery with our digital cameras and digital voice recorder. Things gradually built from there.
Paranormal Investigation In Motion
CHOOSING A NAME AND LOGO FOR YOUR TEAM
One of the first things you will need to do when forming a Paranormal Investigation team is find a good name and logo for yourselves. The name should have some kind of meaning in the paranormal sense but also personal to the people involved. We thought long and hard about a good original name for our team, all though I think I have since seen another group with the same name. We didn't want to be "ghost hunters" because that to us in sighted fear. Usually if you are hunting something it's to catch it and end it. We chose Soul Searchers because we are looking for answers to the after life, searching for lost souls with unfinished business who have yet to move on. The butterfly in the logo represents my friend and her two children who are angels now up in heaven due to a rare disease. So again it means something to us but still pertains to the paranormal community.
Soul Searchers Paranormal Is Born
TEAM CLOTHING AND LOGO RELATED GEAR
If you are planning to do any formal investigating, say in a residential setting or perhaps with other paranormal investigation teams, it's a good idea to get matching clothing to wear when you go out. Is it necessary to have these things for paranormal investigating ? NO , But if you have the money it's something nice and makes it more fun. That's how we felt about it anyway. We each had t-shirts and hoodies made with our logo. We had stickers made to mark our equipment. This is helpful if you are investigating with another group, which sometimes happens, so you don't get your equipment up with other teams equipment. Additionaly , just for fun, I had a magnet made for the back of my car for when I went out on investigations.
OUR LOGO STUFF
PARANORMAL INVESTIGATION EQUIPMENT
There are a wide range of tools for paranormal investigating. All very useful and exciting to have. However some of them are very expensive and to have them all would cost a pretty penny. We have built up our inventory over time, but are still not even near the amount of equipment that other paranormal investigation teams may have. The truth is however you do not need to have tons of expensive equipment to start out in your journey of paranormal investigation. When my friend and I started out all we had was a camera and a digital recorder. We started capturing evidence right away. Over time we have slowly but surely built up our inventory. Next I will be giving a run down of the equipment we have acquired so far .
SOME OF THE TOOLS OF THE TRADE
LIST OF OUR EQUIPMENT AND WHAT IT'S USED FOR
- P-SB7 Spirit Box- The P-SB7 utilizes a milli-second adjustable Forward or Reverse frequency "sweep" technique coupled with a proprietary high frequency synthetic noise or "white noise" distributed between frequency steps. When used by a properly trained individual, under certain circumstances, the P-SB7 will provide results similar that of an EVP recorder, but in real time.
- Fuji Film Finepix SL 300 Digital Camera- The Fujifilm FinePix SL300 is a mid-range superzoom camera. The 30x zoom is based around a 14MP stabilized CCD sensor and offers a 460,000 dot LCD. It also features a hot-shoe to allow use of external flash guns.
- Dowsing Rods -Believers in spirits or paranormal activity use the dowsing rods. One rod is held lightly in each hand, sort of like you are holding candlesticks. While walking, the rods will pull one way or the other, one should follow in the direction it is pointing to and the rods will cross in the presence of paranormal activity . It is believed that spirits hold an electric currency and the rods are attracted to that.
- V Pod by Vortex Ghost Gear - Designed by Paranormal Investigators For Paranormal Investigators The new V Pod from vortex ghost gear. Works on the principle of creating an E field around its mini antenna.and if anything breaks or manipulates this field.it will cause 4 led lights to light up and a Sharpe audible sound to warn that something is within the proximity of the antenna. If you are interested in purchasing one of these go to http://vortexghostgear.com/v-pod
- Full Spectrum, POV, Recording , Night vision Glasses - POV full-spectrum glasses specifically for ghost hunting, as many believe that ghosts and spirits invisible to the naked eye can be seen under full spectrum light. The glasses record a full spectrum version of whatever the investigator sees.
- Full Spectrum IR light -A full spectrum light has infrared lights, ultraviolet lights and lights to mimic visible light typically red, blue and green lights. Since a full spectrum camera can see in all three spectrums you can take advantage of that by using a full spectrum light.
- Ovilus X with Digital Text Box Display- Theories suggest that spirits and other paranormal entities may be able to alter our environment such as electromagnet frequencies, temperature, etc. The Ovilus X takes advantage of this by using these frequencies to choose a response from a preset database of 2,048 words. The idea behind this, is that an intelligent entity will be able to alter the environment in such a way that forces the Ovilus to "speak" a response appropriately.The Ovilus X on it's own will 'speak' the words via an audio speaker. The Digital Text Display unit, which you can add to the Ovilus X, is a small digital display that converts the 'spoken' words into digital text.
- Ghost Meter-The Ghost Meter uses a needle readout that measures from 0 to 5 milligaus and is devoted to monitoring high quality paranormal activity. The Ghost Meter has been calibrated to ignore the extremely subtle EMF emissions surrounding the human body, yet is still sensitive enough to detect the small, distinct, erratic EMF energy fluctuations frequently found at reputed "haunted" locations. When ghostly activity takes place, electromagnetic anomalies often occur in the environment. This meter allows you to detect these electromagnetic frequency (EMF) disturbances.
- Head Lamp- For hand free lighting
- Motion Detector- A motion sensor, or motion detector is an electronic device that contains a physical trigger mechanism or electronic sensor that quantifies motion. It can be either integrated with, or connected to, other electronic devices that can alert the user of the presence of a moving object within the field of view, or magnetic influence.
- K-II EMF Meter- K-II EMF MeterFamous EMF meter for paranormal work, genuine K-II easily measures AC magnetic field strengthUsed widely by professional ghost hunters on TV, and amateurs alikeFive bright colored LEDs will illuminate to indicate the strength of the field. Very easy to see in low light conditionsInstantaneous response to EMF fluctuations & spikes
- LED Light-A light-emitting diode (LED) is a two-lead semiconductor light source. It is a pn-junction diode, which emits light when activated.
- Standard Digital Recorder- Digital voice recorders are used by paranormal researchers to capture various types of audio evidence during investigations. Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) are unexplained sounds that are inaudible to the researcher during the recording process, but they are captured by sensitive digital recorders using sound frequencies and power levels outside the human range of hearing.
- Various flashlights, Salt and Holy Water- The flashlights are self explanatory. Mostly to see your way around in the dark. However you can also use them to communicate with spirits by asking them to turn them on and off to answer specific questions. A great way of telling if the spirit is intelligent or if it's just a residual haunting. Salt, originally natural coarse sea salt is believed by some people to have paranormal powers to control supernatural events. Some people may use salt in rituals as a binding force for spirits whether it is to protect themselves or bind a spirit for their bidding. Holy Water is used (as a sacramental) to bless us and discourage the devil. In cases of paranormal activity we are encouraged to ask for blessings over our homes, as well.
- Night Vision Cam Corder-Some of the most impressive footage ever captured at haunted locations is documented with infrared night vision video cameras.
ST. BENEDICT MEDAL
E V P ( Electronic voice phenomenon)
Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) are sounds found on electronic recordings that are believed to be spirit voices that have been either unintentionally recorded or intentionally requested and recorded. We can't hear these sounds with the human ear do to the frequency at which they are emitted. However a digital recorder can pick up these voices and we are able to hear them on play back of the recordings. This to me is one of the most undeniable pieces of evidence that ghost and spirits do exist around us. True these "spirit voices" can be manufactured , but when you know that only you and one other person were in the room, building or area at the time of the recording and you capture a 3rd voice that is neither of yours ... How can you argue with that ? Every time we capture an EVP it sends chills down my spine. Next I will be posting links to some videos we have made with recordings of actual EVP that we have captured.
Our Very first EVP, Click the link to see the Video
Our very first EVP. At the time of the recording I felt like I had been touched in the arm and was noticeably alarmed . It was not until after we played the recording back that we heard the respons " I DID" when my friend asked if someone touched me.
"LEAVE IT " EVP, CLICK THE LINK TO SEE THE VIDEO
We actually won an award for this EVP. The voice that says " Leave It" you can hear loud and clear. We DID NOT hear that at the time of the recording. The recording was analyzed and found that the tones were not human range.
"BLACK" EVP, CLICK ON THE LINK TO SEE THE VIDEO
We were investigating with another team , Dickson City Paranormal, And asking questions in the field. During and EVP session the question was asked what color our shirts were. The voice that answers was not one of ours !!! And it was right !
FOREIGN LANGUAGE YELL, CLICK ON THE LINK TO SEE THE VIDEO
This is a compilation of 4 different EVP, others I already posted. The very first one however is a foreign speaking voice. We had left a recorder running in an empty room of a place we were investigating. There was only my friend and myself there
"CHAIR" EVP, CLICK ON THE LINK TO SEE THE VIDEO
After I ask if it's ok to sit on "his" chair you can hear the word chair in a clear whisper a few seconds later...which is not my voice or my friends voice. Also notice how we comment the EMF meter went up at that time as well.
SHADOW FIGURES !
UNEXPLAINED DARK MASS
There is much discussion on whether orbs belong in the paranormal community. Yes, there are cases where orbs are dust, or bugs, or water condensation. However I believe, along with many others, that some orbs are supernatural. Orbs are believed (by many) to be ghosts in the form of balls of light. Other people believe Orbs are digitally generated when taking pictures in low light conditions while using the flash… which would normally be the case with ghost photography. In either case it is up to you what you believe. In my opinion if there are no conditions to create an orb, no bugs, outside in a dust free environment, on a clear dry night and you catch only one or two ..in a place with paranormal activity... they are spirits traveling in balls of light. I will follow this paragraph with some of my favorite orb photos I have taken.
SPIRITS AT WORSHIP
BRIGHT ORBS IN A GRAVE YARD
MORE OUTSIDE ORBS
GUARDIAN ANGELS ?
DO YOU BELIEVE IN ORBS ?
Lastly I'd like to discuss a little about Paranormal Unity. This is where all groups should stick together and work with each other, not against each other. Including investigating together, sharing evidence and giving each other credit where credit is due. We got to work with 2 great teams so far. Dickson City Paranormal Investigators and Ghost Detectives (NEPA Paranormal )