How to Use Affirmative Prayer - Part IV
“Wisdom is the principle thing; therefore get wisdom. In all your getting, get understanding.”
A Simple New Thought Law:
You are human, living in perceived time and space. Through your thoughts, emotions, and actions, you attract into your life that with which you are aligned.
Changing Your Alignments:
• Refrain from harming anything, mentally or physically, as much as possible. “Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive.” The Dalai Lama
• If it hasn't been given to you freely, don't take it. “The toughest thing about the power of trust is that it’s very difficult to build and very easy to destroy.” Thomas J. Watson, Sr. (Former pres., IBM)
• Strive for physical, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual health. From “In Defense of Food” by Michael Pollan: Eat real food. Not too much. Mostly plants.
• Be truthful; watch your words. “Self-trust is the first secret of success…the essence of heroism.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
• Be grateful; you have more than you may realize. “A grateful mind is a great mind, which eventually attracts to itself great things.” Plato’s Law
• Be useful; you will receive the most from it. “The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will out last it.” William James (American Philosopher)
These practices are not, in and of themselves, wisdom. They do, however, put us on the right path. They are the Continual Beginning.
“One who would remove a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.”