Be Ready to Get Ready
Be Ready To Get Ready
God Became Man - Be Ready to Get Ready
Sounds like a heavy theological subject, even though it was not intended to be. God became man. He lived as we lived some 32 years and changed the world without sinning. The title is only partially true. He was both God and man with both natures.
His death was a propitiation for our sins; and for not ours only , but also for the sins of the whole world. (1 John 2.2)
One more, Matthew 20.28, "Just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."
God came to serve. Man did not understand and put Him on a Cross. He is coming back as a Soon Coming King! Be ready to Get ready!
Capernaum – a busy fishing port, this became the headquarters for Jesus Christ ministry on the northwest shore of the Sea of Galilee, about two and a half miles S.W. of where the Jordan River enters the lake, and is identified with modern Tell Hum, where extensive ruins exist. (Matthew 11.23)
- · This site is also a toll-collecting station (Matthew 9.9; 17.24-27), gathering tax revenue from caravans en route from Damascus to the Mediterranean coast and Egypt. It also increased tax from the fishing trade nearby.
Earth Defying Miracles of Our Lord Jesus
Biblical archaeology discoveries have produced the most beautiful white Limestone synagogues resorted in Palestine by the Franciscans. Motifs of Centaurs, lions, eagles, palms and vines dating back as far as 3rd century A.D. There is speculation that Jesus may have ministered at one of the sites.
More on the earth defying miracles of our Lord Jesus. Do not think that all the miracles are recorded in the Bible. Just enough to increase our faith.
Note: I have said in the past He did not work His miracles by virtue of His Deity alone, but in combination of His sinless humanity united to His Deity.
The Holy Ghost working unhindered and powerful through the medium of Jesus Christ undefiled human nature that wrought these mighty signs by His spoken Word, incidentally using physically agents like clay and saliva.
The Servant’s miracles purpose was to authenticate the King (Matthew), the Servant (Mark), the Man (Luke), and God (John) as the Creator-Redeemer.
- God became Man – the Eternal Word became Flesh and lived among the world, Israel’s King and the world’s Savior! What a beautiful statement of fact.
- There was outward proofs of His Messiahship (John 15.24) for anyone with a truthful eye and heart, it was also undeniable manifestation of His Deity as well.
- Jesus miracles were an outward expression of His love and identification with the plight of the human race, He performed for the redemption from suffering, sin, and death.
Jesus Christ Miracles
We All Love Miracles From Above
Miracles evoke a certain response in people that Jesus immediately picked up on and called out on with the Pharisees. The first mention of a miracle is Exodus 7.9.
John said. "And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book: But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you might have life through His name." — John 20:30,31 John covers only 21 days of the Lord's life. John's synoptic is different in that it covers the rejection of the “Sent One” and the truth of the new birth.
We are investigating miracles. The Gospel of John has seven miracles of Jesus for our review:
- Changing water into wine in Cana (John 2:1–11)
- Healing an official’s son in Capernaum (John 4:46–54)
- Healing an invalid at the Pool of Bethesda (John 5:1–18)
- Feeding the 5,000 near the Sea of Galilee (John 6:5–14)
- Walking on the water of the Sea of Galilee (John 6:16–21)
- Healing a blind man in Jerusalem (John 9:1–7)
- Raising dead Lazarus in Bethany (John 11:1–45)
Jesus Christ said in Mark to John the beloved who asked Him about someone who was casting out demons in Jesus' name, and the disciples forbid him.
But Jesus said they were wrong in doing so. But Jesus said, "Do not forbid him, for no one works a miracle in my Name can soon afterward speak evil of Me. (Mark 9.39)
I understand where Jesus was coming from in the statement above. If a person was using His name and the miracle succeed, it had to come from above and be a miracle of God and bring glory to Him as well.
Jesus Patiently Teaching the Disciples Important Principles
Jesus Christ said that whoever gives you a cup of water to drink in His Name, because you belong to Christ, you will by no means lose his reward.
Jesus is here declaring that He is the voice of the burning bush. Now, anytime that you and I might miss the implication of something, the Pharisees come to our rescue. They took up stones to cast at Him. Why were they so upset? Because they recognized what He was saying.
Seven “I AM” Statements
The Gospel of John is built on His seven “I AM” statements:
- I AM the Bread of Life (John 6:48)
- I AM the light of the world (John 8:12)
- I AM the door (John 10:9)
- I AM the good shepherd (John 10:11)
- I AM the resurrection and the life (John 11:35)
- I AM the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6)
- I AM the true vine (John 15:1)
Final Thoughts on This One
Thank you for reading this and all of my and other writers work here at Hub Pages. A lot of work goes into the writing and posting of the articles you read. Feedback is something that each writer would appreciate and needs.
I intend to write more and more as time permits and ideas come. You can provide ideas for what you would like for me to write on, and please send feedback. Thank you in advance for your ideas. God's blessings, Gary
A Good Summary of the John Verse
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2020 Gary E Hill