Born Again Now What?
Congratulations you are the proud parents of a beautiful baby girl or boy! Those life changing words are a parents delight and when the hospital stay is complete and mom has physically recovered, it's time for the baby to go home. The birth of a child is not an end within itself, but just the beginning of a brand new life. The child is not released to take care of itself because it is not able or mature enough to do so. Many times the Church will let a newly born Christian walk out of the door without any follow up and wonder what happened down the road. They are like a new born baby but only in a spiritual sense because they have been born again. Mature Christian brothers and sisters are needed to help protect provide and preserve their newly born brother or sister until they begin to grow and stand on their own. One word sums this all up and that is the word love. 1 Corinthians 13 details the God kind of love otherwise known as "Agape" love. Of course The newly born again individual should find a pastor who believes the Bible he or she preaches so they can have a proper covering.
Find a Bible believing Church
Hebrews 10:25 declares Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
It is amazing how a log will continue to burn as long as it stays around other hot logs, but remove and isolate it from the other logs and it will grow cold and burn out. Burnout is a clue it's time to find other strong and mature Christians who know how to bear the infirmities of the weak. People need people because no man is an Island and it is God's design that people love and help each other. Church is also the place where a new born babe needs the covering of the Pastor or Shepherd whose job it is to watch over and feed the sheep with the Word of God. They are responsible for the growth and development of the newly born again babe. Practically speaking a child who grows physically but does not develop properly needs special help and attention. In a spiritual sense Paul outlined three areas where newborn babes can have problems if they fail to grow and develop properly. He declared in 1 Corinthians 13:11,When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. Notice he says when he became a man or in other words grew and developed he put away childish things. The three areas of growth and development for Christians are:
- The way they speak
- The way they understand
- The way they think
The kingdom of God reveals childlike not childish qualities. Jesus said in Matthew 19:14 ... Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven. Just as natural newborns learn to trust their parents, God the Father wants his Christian children to trust him. A good bible believing church should have the scriptural tools to help aide growth and development.
Communicate with God Daily
Types of prayer
- PRAYER OF SUPPLICATION (PHIL.4:6)
- PRAYER OF THANKSGIVING (PHIL.4:6) (JOHN 11)
- PRAYER OF AGREEMENT (MATT.18:28-19)
- PRAYER OF INTERCESSION (HEB. 7:25/1Tim.2:1)- I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that.
- PRAYER OF SUBMISSION (MATT.26:39; LUKE 22:42)
- PRAYER OF PETITION 1 JOHN 5:14 – THIS IS THE CONFIDENCE…
- PRAYER OF FORGIVENESS 1JOHN 1:9/ PS. 66:18
- PRAYER OF FAITH MK.11:22-26/ JAMES 1:5 - But let him ask in faith, never wavering; for he that wavers is like a wave of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind
- Through the finished work of Christ on the cross we can now come to the throne of grace boldly to find help in time of need.
In the old Testament the high priest were sometimes killed for not approaching God properly, but now because of Jesus we can come to God in prayer without fear.
- We can ask what we want in prayer with the promise he will answer
- We can pray as much and long without boring God
Daniel prayed 3x's a day
Jesus while on earth spent all night in prayer
- We can have prayer partners and groups and increase the power of prayer
If two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything they shall ask, it shall be done (Matthew 18:19):
Acts 12:5 declares that prayer was made for Peter without ceasing and an angel let him out of prison.
- God wants us praying rather than fainting and giving up (Luke 18:1)
- Prayer will remove anxiety (Philippians 4:6)
- The Holy Spirit will help us to pray when we don't know what to pray for (Romans 8:26)
- Prayer can bring peace on our jobs, in our country, in our homes as we pray for those in authority 1 Timothy 2:1)
- Prayer brings forgiveness of sin (1 John 1:9)
- Prayer connects one with right people
After prayer Jesus chose his disciples (Luke 6:12-13)
- Prayer is the opportunity to commune with the creator of the universe
Benefits of prayer continued
- 1. Prayer keeps one from entering into temptation:
Jesus told his disciples in the garden to watch and pray that they enter not into temptation
- 2. Prayer causes the heavens to open:
Luke 3:21 says that Jesus was praying and the heaven was opened.
- 3. Prayer prepares one for the Holy Spirit to come:
When Jesus prayed the heaven was opened and the Holy Spirit descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him (Luke 3:22).
- 4. Prayer positions one to hear God speak:
Luke 3:22 declares that a voice came from heaven which said, thou art my beloved Son in thee I am well pleased.
- 5. Prayer delivers from danger:
Daniel prayed three times a day and was delivered from the lions den.
- 6. Prayer brings boldness:
In Acts 4:23 the believers prayed for boldness and the place was shaken and they were filled with the Holy Ghost.
- 7. Prayer protects enemies:
Jesus said to pray for those who despite-fully use you and persecute you (Matthew 5:44)
Luke 17:1 - Jesus tells his disciples that offenses will come but woe unto him through whom they come! It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck and he cast into the sea than that he should offend one of these little ones. Prayers stop wrath and justice and brings mercy to enemies.
- 8. Pray sends laborers into the harvest for souls:
Pray ye the Lord of the harvest that he would send forth laborers into his harvest.
- 9. Prayer is the priests duty to intercede for others:
We are kings and priest according to Revelation 1:6
- 10. Prayer builds one up spiritually:
Jude 1:20 declares building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost.
Prayer must always be accompanied with faith
James 1:6 says to let him ask in faith nothing wavering.
The will of God is not automatic,(He is not willing that any should perish) but prayer ushers the will of God into action (pray ye the Lord of the harvest that he would send forth laborers into his harvest.
Read the Bible Daily
21 benefits from reading the bible
2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.
- The bible reveals the will of God for mankind
- The bible teaches how to live a life pleasing to God
- The bible corrects
- The bible prepares one with answers for others
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
- The bible reveals a persons present state as well as direction for the future
This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
- The bible builds the foundation for a person to prosper and be successful by transforming their speaking, thinking and doing
For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
- The bible gives hope in a hopeless world
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
- The bible reveals a person’s true motives
1 Peter 2:2
Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation—
- The bible facilitates growth and development
So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
- The bible develops faith for believing God
And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
- The bible liberates
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
- The bible is the Christians sword for fighting the powers of darkness
Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.
- The bible brings God’s blessings
But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her
- The bible comforts and removes anxiety
1 John 5:14-15
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
- The bible gives the needed confidence for petitioning God
- The bible reveals the will of God
In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?
- The bible removes fear
God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?
- The bible gives confidence that God can be trusted because he cannot lie
But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
- The bible persistently obeyed allows God to bless the works of a person’s hands
- Understanding Being Born Again
Individuals are tri-part beings made in the image and likeness of God. They are a Spirit, they have a Soul and they live in a body ( 1Thess.5:23).