Christian, Freshen up & Stay Fresh!
- Read related text.
(Streams In The Desert : April 30)
"It is possible for the best years of our life, the best experiences, the best victories won, the best service rendered, to be swallowed up by times of failure, defeat, dishonor, uselessness in the kingdom." -Streams in the Desert
"The only assurance of safety against spiritual descent and failure is “fresh touch with God,” daily, hourly." (reworded)
"The blessed, fruitful, victorious experiences of yesterday serve as incentives to better, richer experiences today."-Streams in the Desert
freshen up means to revive oneself by washing oneself or changing into clean clothes
afresh means in a new or different way
fresh means not previously known or used; new or different; recently created or experienced and not faded or impaired
I'm sure we've all had our first lessons in Science from Kindergarten and probably from "Mom's" homeschool sessions. We've known early on that plants need water ,soil, and sun to grow and thrive. Those are needed to keep a plant from dying...
Healthy fertilizer is not a mix of "filler". Fillers are simply put to fill available space. The components of a healthy fertilizer have specific purposes. For instance:
- Nitrogen content promotes rapid growth and hastens recovery after physical trauma.
- Phosporus stimulates early root formation and growth. It helps roots filter properly to efficiently pick up other available nutrients and water. It Improves strength and stamina. It hastens maturity. It stimulates blooming and development. It causes transformation of energy.
- Potassium increases resistance to disease. It strengthens cell walls.
Relating that to GOD'S WORD:
- The Bible is foundational to Christian growth.
- The Bible is essential to sustain growth.
- The Bible is essential for healing from sin and failure.
- The Bible strengthens our faith.
- The Bible strengthens us for Christian living and service.
- The Bible is essential for a Christian to flourish, and to stay afresh, protected in a corrupted world.
Water is most essential for plants to grow and thrive.
- It is most essential for "Transpiration", where water moves through a plant from roots to leaves.
- Water cools plants.
- Water enables proper flow of nutrients from roots to leaves.
- Plants risk wilting and death if there is not enough water.
- Optimum plant growth depends upon water content.
- Plant resistance to stress and disease depends upon water status.
Relating that to the HOLY SPIRIT:
(We all know the cleansing and washing properties of the Word of God. A verse may be quoted, referring to the purpose of God's Word like that of water. But let our focus right now be on the Holy Spirit)
"Jesus said to her, “Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again.The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." John 4:13-14 ESV
“If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink! Whoever believes in me, as[f] the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’” Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified. John 7:37-39 ESV
- The Holy Spirt enables us to overcome sin. James 4:6
- Through the Holy Spirit, we are renewed. Titus 3:5
- The Holy Spirit is our seal of God's assured promise. Eph 1:13 , 2 Cor. 5:5
- The Holy Spirit enlightens us to the truths and meaning of God's Word. 1 Cor 2:12
- The Holy Spirit enables us to live a life of joy, positivity, and confidence. Rom 15:13 , Rom 5:5
- The Holy Spirit is our enabler and guide as we live as God's children in this world. John 16:7
- Plants need enough space in order to catch proper sunlight. Crowded space means too much shade and plants will weaken and be less fruitful.
- Roots and foliage need ample space to grow, else, growth is stunted.
Relating this to the Christian and this WORLD:
Plants need sunlight to grow.
- Light is used as energy for making food (photosynthesis)
- Lack of sunlight weakens a plant.
- Lack of sunlight diminishes prospects of fruitbearing.
- Lack of sunlight hinders plants from flowering and blooming.
Relating that to GOD:
References used in this hub:
- How Do Plants Grow - Things Plants Need To Grow
Plants are everywhere around us, but how do plants grow and what makes plants grow? There are many things plants need to grow, and this article will explain more. Click here to get additional info.
- Why Plants Need Water : Extension : Clemson University : South Carolina