- Religion and Philosophy»
- The Role of Religion in History & Society
Condom Use Among the Catholic christians
New dawn for the millions of Catholic faithfuls
The pope in Rome on saturday,21st,November,2010, while being interviewed about his book in which he mentioned that condoms should be allowed when used to prevent the spread of STDs such as HIV.
The catholic church has previously been against the use of the condoms. The church was against contraception using condoms.
This change of heart in the pontiff marks a great milestone in the efforts of the world to fight against the spread of sexual transmitted infections especially HIV, which has affected many especially the poor nations of the world.
The top clergy in the catholic church has offered a light that will change the way people view the use of condoms for their protection and others protection.
It is, therefore, necessary to educate the Catholic faithfuls who have not used the condoms before the new revelation by the pope,on the subject of condoms and their proper use to be effective in providing safety.
Types of condoms
We have male condoms; which can be rubber condoms, latex or made from polyurathane a synthetic plastic material which is labelled non-latex(for those with latex allergy). We also have female condoms.The female condoms are inserted vaginally before intercourse and act as barriers.
The condoms are used to protect against sexual transmitted disease (STDs) and pregnancy as a means of contraception.
The fight against HIV has generated a lot of interest in the use of condoms especially amongst the communities that did not accept condom use as a means of contraception such as the Catholic church and other faithfuls.
Recently, there has been some new developments in the use of the condoms and the church.The catholic pope has commented in his new book about the use of condoms to prevent spread STDs especially the HIV infection seemingly softening the stand the church had taken before on the use of the condom.
The types of condoms
What are condoms made of ?
Condoms are made of either latex or polyurathane. Latex condoms more preferred as they are more reliable and easily availabe. Latex condoms are also more affordable than the polyurathane condoms.
The polyurathane condoms are thinner and good for those that are allergic to latex.They are less reliable and require more lubrication than latex condoms during intercourse.
Lubricants have been added to condoms and spermicides are sometimes added to prevent pregnancy.
Flavours too, have been added to condoms to make the oral sexual act more enjoyable.
Male condoms in different shapes and sizes
Appropriate use of condoms
If condoms are used correctly they can protect against STDs and prevent pregnancy 100% of the time.
Tips on how to use the condoms effectively:
- Wear the condom when the penis is erect and roll it on with the lubricated side on the outside.
- If the condom does not have a reservoir, pinch about a 1/2 inch pouch at the tip to creat room for semen.
- If you feel the condom break, remove it and put on a new one before continuing with intercourse. Do not take any chances.
- After enjaculation, remove the condom carefully while the penis is still erect. Fold the condom in tissue or paper towel and throw in garbage can. Do not flush condoms in the toilet since they may cause blockage. Condoms are not biodegradeable.
- For anal sex use latex condoms which a much tougher than polyurathane condoms and no spermicide which interferes with the integrity of the rectum,increasing chances of HIV infection.
- May use flavoured condoms to enhance oral sex. and spermicides to enhance pregnancy prevention.
- Use a new condom for each act of intercourse. and use a new condom every time you have sex.
- Store your condoms properly when you purchase them to make sure they are not damaged.
- Use condoms the appropriate way from start to finish.
condoms in variety
News about the Pope supporting use of condoms for prevention of the spread of HIV
- BREAKING NEWS - THE POPE OKAYS USE OF CONDOMS!!
The Eye of God. This is truly a sad day in news broadcasting when they pick up this kind of a story and run with it. Amazing!!!. Does anybody really think that anyone in their right mind has ever...
Choosing the correct condom size
- Use A Condom Size Chart For Better Sex
If you are selecting large sized condoms to impress women, you are going about it all wrong. For both women and men, the biggest factor in having enjoyable and safe sex is the right condom size. The...
Proper use of condoms
- Proper use of Condoms
A condom just might save a life, and should be treated like the valuable tool it is. Store condoms in a cool, dry place. Long exposure to air, heat or light makes them more breakable. Do not store them...