- Religion and Philosophy»
- Christianity, the Bible & Jesus
Decoding the Covenant of Sonship
The Ark of the Covenant of Sonship
Decoding the Covenant of Sonship
In this present season that we are in, the Father is unlocking the Ancient wisdom that has been hid for ages gone by, things that even Angles long to peer into, only because it has been exclusively granted to the Sons of God. The eternal realm is making its presence known in time and space through the Sons of God and the Holy Spirit. The prayer of the Sons in the Kingdom, “Let your Kingdom come and let your will be done on earth has it is in heaven, is happening at an alarming pace. The Spirit is breathing again a fresh revelation of this unfolding season, to the hearts of men and women that value their Sonship more than Church Ministry. Secrets that was not for their time revealed, mysteries that were sealed for another generation, is now being made plain to us, His Sons, for we are the corporate Body of Christ that must administrate and decode the mind of Christ in order to live an ascended “zoe” life for we are the Omega Generation.
I have for the past four months pondered this question, if the Old Testament is a shadow and type of the eternal realities, and that we were meant to live in the reality of that revelation, then there must be articles of tremendous value still veiled from our Spirits understanding. These have been unveiled however 2000 years ago from the moment that Jesus Christ cried with a loud cry, “It is finished” and the veil between the Eternal Spirit realm was rent in two and was now made accessible to all those that will enter from the outer courts by love. Faith, hope and love are the progressive path into the Spirit. I have shared how the Spirit had me unpack the truth that the outer court is your soul and the Holies of Holies is your Spirit. (see my article on “Piecing Beyond the Veil of the Soul”) Therefore those that are led by their Spirit are the Sons of God and those that are led by their souls continually are immature. I shared with you the parameters for walking by the Spirit in my article, (“The Spirit of Christ is the Holy Spirit”), the templates by which we are now to see and hear, incorporating the Seven Spirits of God. How we are to see with our eyes but interpret with our Spirits, and not with our souls.
“The ark of the Covenant in the Holies of Holies holds many truths that must be decoded. “What Covenant are they talking about, surely not the Covenant of Law”? “What are its contents symbolic off”? If the Covenant of Law had Ten Commandments for a natural life, then what is written on the Covenant of Sonship for your spiritual life? These are the questions that gnawed at my Spirit and it was my spiritual father, Sam Soleyn, that parted the veil and distilled my perception to see beyond the natural, when I heard him speak at a Household meeting concerning the original intent of the Father. The following exegesis will present what I know to be a leading by the Holy Spirit in a direction that will expand our understanding. Come along with me and bear with me as we uncover the Ancient pathways of the Spirit again, to articulate, give shape and form to it in our lives in this time space continuum. This may be unfamiliar but it is by no means strange, for this was always known in the mind of Christ, hidden in plain view in the vaults of the WORD, Christ, of which you too have been made partakers of His divine nature.
Eph 1:3-6 Blessed is the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who did bless us in every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, according as He did choose us in him before the foundation of the world, for our being holy and unblemished before Him, in love, having foreordained us to the adoption of sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, in which He did make us accepted in the beloved,
John 1, For in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. The Word became flesh and dwelt among us and we beheld His glory, the Light of the World. You will recognize the corridors of these grand halls, taste the familiar flavors of His eternal wisdom and breath in the aromas of His fragrant love and marvel at His infinite genius and recognize that He did all of this for you in love, His children, His Family, until all you can do is cry deeply in a soft groan ABBA FATHER, ABBA FATHER, ABBA FATHER.
So let’s begin by peeping into the Golden Box, the Ark of the Covenant of Sonship;
Heb 9:3-5 And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holy of holies; having a golden altar of incense, and the ark of the covenant overlaid roundabout with gold, wherein was a golden pot holding the manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant; and above it cherubim of glory overshadowing the mercy-seat; of which things we cannot now speak severally. Each item in the Ark must be reviewed through the prism of the Spirit. We are now going to speak of these things clearly;
1. The Golden Pot of Manna – PROCEEDING WORD OF THE FATHER.
Mark 8:16-20 Jesus is answering the disciples concerning the bread, and they are still baffled about the bread. He focuses on how many baskets were left over rather than how many thousand He fed. Although he tried to explain to them the reason for the twelve baskets of leftover bread they did not get it until later. He told them about the bread that their forefathers ate in the desert and did also die and that He was the Bread of Heaven and the twelve baskets that were collected was an indication that this generation also did not partake of Him, the Eternal Bread of Life. When he was tempted by Satan and was asked to turn rocks into bread, he answered and said that, “man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeded out of the mouth of God”. Jesus Christ was the proceeding Word sent by the Father, and manna that fell from heaven. If we would receive the Christ Spirit, eat His flesh and drink His blood, then we become partakers of His divine nature which are Sons of God.
2. Aarons Rod that Budded – THE INDESTRUCTIBLE, IMMORTAL LIFE OF THE PRIESTLY ORDER.
Heb 3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of a heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, even Jesus… Heb 5:5-6, So Christ also glorified not himself to be made a high priest, but he that spoke unto him, Thou art my Son, This day have I begotten thee: as he said also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever After the order of Melchizedek. It is clear from this text that it is only the Sons of God that have the right to this Priestly Order of Melchizedek. Aaron was a Priest after the order of Levi. Heb 7:1-3 For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of God Most High, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him, to whom also Abraham divided a tenth part of all (being first, by interpretation, King of righteousness, and then also King of Salem, which is King of peace; without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like unto the Son of God), abides as a priest continually. The Order of the Priest of Melchizedek was the administrator of the Covenant of Sonship, which was an eternal covenant that God the Father made with Himself. Whenever there is a Covenant , there is need for a Priesthood to administrate it. So the Order of Levi died with Aaron and his sons, but that Leviticus Priestly order was always underpinned by the Order of Melchizedek. It is the life of the First Order (Melchizedek) that gave life to the Second Order (Levi). Aarons budding rod was indicative that the life of God is indestructible and immortal. This is what we have come to understand as “zoe” or life in the Spirit.
3. Tables or Tablets of the Covenant – INHERITANCE OF SONS
This is what I really want to focus on in this article, the contents of the Covenant of Sonship. What is documented in the Covenant? Now the context of this truth must be super imposed over the understanding of the Estate and the Last Will and Testament of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I don’t have time to unpack that, there are teaching on www.soleyn.com that will help you with that. Basically the Sons of God are made heirs and joint heirs of this vast Estate and we are the third party beneficiaries of this Last Will & Testament. Like any beneficiary of an Estate there is nothing that we have to do to get this, we have to be born into the Family, in our case we have to be born again into the Spirit, for this is a Spiritual Family and God is the Father of our Spirits. There are requirements to have access into this Estate as stated by Jesus Christ to Nicodemus which I will not get into now.
I believe that the revelation of the Covenant of Sonship is found in the Book of Hebrews 1 & 2. Very quickly a brief history will reveal that Hebrew’s are not natural Israel Jews on the contrary. The last remaining relative of Abram was his uncle Eber /Heber which means a community or a society, but a primitive root “abar” means, to cross over or transition. Before Abram became Abraham he was known has Abram the Hebrew. So Abraham and his Household was the first Patriarchal Community to transition into this Spiritual Family for the promise was made to him. Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He says not, and to seeds, as of many; but as of one, and to thy seed, which is Christ. That seed came through one of the sons of Jacob or Israel. Israel had 12 sons that formed the Nation of Israel one of which is Judah. Out of Judah comes the line of Kings, David. Jesus Christ is of the line of the Tribe of Judah after the Order of Melchizedek, do you see the Royal Priesthood?
Let us move on to Hebrews 1 & 2. The Book opens with the reordering of the speaking of God the Father now in Son. Heb 1:1-4 God, having of old time spoken unto the fathers in the prophets by divers portions and in divers manners, hath at the end of these days spoken unto us in Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, through whom also he made the worlds; who being the radiance of his glory, and the very image of his substance, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had made purification of sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; having become by so much better than the angels, as he hath inherited a more excellent name than they. From Hebrews 1 : 5 the Holy Spirit begins to show us the pre-creation elect Son of God and begins to decode from the Covenant of Sonship. Stay with me now, please.
These are the TEN LAWS OF THE SPIRIT OF THE COVENANT OF SONSHIP
1. "Thou art my Son, This day have I begotten thee"? – This speaks of ELECTION BY ADOPTION
2. "You are the radiance & exact representation & image of the Heavenly Father". - This speaks of TOTALITARIAN ONENESS
3. "I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son. – This speaks of MUTUAL LOVE IN HERITAGE & LINEAGE
4. "Let all the angels of God worship Him" – This speaks of the sphere of His DOMINION in the Spirit realm. Also ALL means fallen and un-fallen Angels. Please take note of the Cherubim’s bowing low, above the mercy seat of the Ark
5. "Thy Throne is forever and ever". – This speaks of His ever increasing Kingdom that exudes ALL POWER & AUTHORITY.
6. "Thy Scepter of Righteousness is the scepter of thy Kingdom". – This speaks of His EVERLASTING KINGDOM in RIGHTEOUS RULE.
7. "You shall be anointed with the Oil of Gladness". – This speaks of the immeasurable RIGHTEOUS, PEACE & JOY in HOLY GHOST
8. "All creation was made by you, for you and through you, to serve you". – This speaks of the AMBASSODORIAL GRACE.
9. "Sit thou on my right hand, till I make your enemies the footstool of thy feet. This speaks of KINGLY PEACE & REST of SONSHIP.
10. "Thou art a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek". – This speaks of the PRIESTLY ORDER
Now Hebrews chapter 2 begins with these words, Heb 2:1 Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things that were heard, lest haply we drift away from them. The truth is that the Church has drifted away from these things and these things are pertaining to our identity in the Spirit as Firstborn Sons. Thereafter the Holy Spirit then begins to craft out the purpose for the Son of Man or Human Beings.
1. Heb 2:6 But one hath somewhere testified, saying, what is man, that thou art mindful of him? Or the son of man, that thou visited with him? – speaks of Gods Preordained Purpose for man and the fact that fullest expression of God can only be demonstrated in GOD and Man, Immanuel. For God to just remain hidden in Spirit form would not make Him God. He wants to rule in the Spirit and the matter worlds through us His Sons.
2. Heb 2:7-8 PREFALL SON- Thou made him a little lower than the angels; Thou crowned him with glory and honor, And didst set him over the works of thy hands: Thou didst put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he subjected all things unto him, he left nothing that is not subject to him. POST RESSURECTION SON- But now we see not yet all things subjected to him. Man was created a little lower than the Angels; we are made of flesh and blood, unlike the Angels that are spirit only. Now don’t confuse the makeup of the Angels spirit material as the same material of the Son CHRIST Spirit, they are not the same. However, spirit being enjoy vastly more advantages over human beings.
3. Heb 2:9 But we behold him who hath been made a little lower than the angels, Jesus (SON OF MAN) he should taste of death for every man. So now what we see despite of our past failed track record of man, there is a man named Jesus, who tastes death for all of mankind and this is the report of his taste test. O Death! Where is thy sting and O Grave! Where is your victory? Do you see the need for death? It works for the Sons of God, not against us. This is why you are called to go through the Baptism of Fire, for to do so will help destroy the husk of the soul and release the life contained in the Spirit. Heb 2:14 Since then the children are sharers in flesh and blood, he also himself in like manner partook of the same(flesh & blood); that through death He might bring to naught him that had the power of death, that is, the devil.
4. So Jesus Christ is the Son of God in the Son of Man, it is what I call the Emmanuel Principle. He is the prototype of a new species of creation called the Sons of God. His act of submission secured a place for all future sons of God. Heb 2:10 For it became to him, for whom are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the author of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
When Jesus Christ was tempted by Satan, He was able to draw strength of his identity from the Ark of the Covenant of Sonship. He was not just quoting the O.T scriptures but recounting the Covenant of Sonship.
1. Luke 4:3-4 And the devil said unto him, If thou art the Son of God, command this stone that it become bread. And Jesus answered unto him, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone. The attack is directed at His identity as the Son of God, “If you be the Son of God”? In other words if you are a Son of good do what an orphan does, feed yourself. So Jesus answers him by using the Bowl of Manna.
2. Luke 4:7-8 If thou therefore wilt worship before me, it shall all be yours. And Jesus answered and said unto him, It is written, Thou shall worship the Lord thy God, and him only shall thou serve. Jesus draws from the Tablets of Covenant of Sonship and quotes, “Let all the angels of God worship Him”. He was informing Satan of who was created to worship whom, Angels worship the Sons of God not the other way around. This provided the basis for his next rebuttal.
3. Luke 4:9-12 And he led him to Jerusalem, and set him on the pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If thou art the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee, to guard thee: and, On their hands they shall bear thee up, Lest haply thou dash thy foot against a stone. And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shall not tempt the Lord thy God. Here we see Satan wanting to test the truth that Angels do actually worship Him and the Sons of God. Let’s put that to the test shall we. In other words use the scripture to manipulate an outcome for your desire of self protection like an orphan does. Jesus knowing of his craftiness challenged him by drawing from Aarons Budding Rod, referring to Life of God, and you are not permitted to tempt anyone that operates from the Spirit of God, you have only the right to tempt those that operate from their souls. For the soul is carnal, sensual & devilish. Now leave Me alone!
Jesus Christ, Son of God in Son of Man, EMMANUEL lived from the spiritual understanding of Covenant of Sonship and was able to be triumphant and victorious over all things. He represented His Father exactly. This is your inheritance too as the Sons of God the Father. Don’t live below your destiny, we were meant to represent Him not minister unto Him and by doing that we offer the highest form of worship known in the heavens and earth.
Grace, Peace, Love & Mercy