Do You Know Jesus?
You Ought to Know... !
Just because you may live In a Christian nation, it should not be assumed that everyone is a Christian. Especially if that nation is the United States. The caveat that draws millions to the United States is the constitutional right of the people to worship who they want in the way that they want.
There are millions in the United States and around the world who have no idea what Christianity means aside from it having something to do with Jesus Christ. There is no real knowledge of who He really is and what His express purpose is as God, or what His purpose was for coming to earth.
Now, that is okay for those who do not profess to be Christians. After all, the job of each Christian is to be a witness to others about Jesus Christ so that they may decide to receive His free gift of eternal life.
On the other hand, it is not okay for those of us who say that He is our personal Lord and Savior. to not know the basics of what we believe and why we believe it.
Who Is Jesus Christ?
Depending on who you ask, you may get a variety of answers to this question. For instance:
- Baha'i Faith - Jesus is a man. A "manifestation of God" and prophet. Since superseded by Muhammad and Baha'u'llah
- Buddhism - Jesus is a man. Wise and enlightened man who taught similar things to the Buddha.
- Christian Science - Jesus is a man. Wise man especially attuned to the divine Christ
- Hinduism - Views vary. Jesus is the incarnation of God akin to Krishna, or wise man.
- Islam- Jesus is a man. True prophet sent by God, but superseded by Muhammad
- Jehovah's Witnesses - Jesus is an archangel Son of God, Word of God, God's first creation, Archangel Michael.
- Spiritualism - Jesus is a high order medium, a reincarnated spirit guide.
- Atheism - God is not real, so, if they do believe in the historical Jesus, they do ot believe that He is God.
- Agnosticism - Uncertain if there is a God. Maybe Jesus is God, maybe He isn't.
- New Age - Jesus is a man who attained spiritual enlightenment through occultic involvement.
Who does the Christian Faith say Jesus is?
Christianity says that Jesus is God who created man and then came into the world in the form of man. Was Jesus a great prophet? Yes, but He is God. Was Jesus a man? Yes, but He is simultaneously God.
Jesus is God. He is the 2nd person of the Trinity. The Trinity consists of God the Father, God the Son and God the Son. There are not three gods. There is only one God. There is only one "you". But, you have a soul, a body and a spirit. Each are equally "you".
Jesus is and has always been. He, the Father and the Holy Spirit are one. They have always been one and will always be one.
Jesus is 100% God, yet 100% man. You say how can you be 100% of two different elements. Well, you and I cannot, but God can. Jesus is the very nature of God and the very nature of man.
What does it mean to be a Christian?
Christian means "follower of Christ". But, what does that mean? Jesus is not on earth in His physical body at this time. So, how can He be followed? Do we just make stuff up that we think is right and follow that? Do we follow our neighbors ways? Our grandma's ways? How do we follow Jesus Christ?
God the Holy Spirit moved certain men to write the Words of God. These Words are written in the language of men. In this way God has given His instructions to each man or woman who picks up the Bible!
and endeavors mankind so that we would know what to do and, when to do it.
Questions to Ask Yourself.....
"Do You Know Jesus"
"When the song is over, When the music stops, Do you know Jesus Does He live in your heart
When your life is troubled, Jesus still wants to be a part, Do you know Jesus, Does He live in your heart
Do you believe that He was born, Do you believe that he died, Do you believe your sins can be forgiven by the blood from His side
Do you believe His love can reach you right where you are Do you know Jesus Does he live in your heart,
Confess Him with your mouth, Believe Him in your heart, Do can know Jesus ,You can know Jesus in your heart
It's so good to know Jesus
Do you know Jesus, Does he live in your heart, Oh You can know Jesus, He can live in your heart,"