Charged for the Challenge
It is important to know that the more you feed on the Word of God and seek Him, the better you will be charged to overcome every terrifying challenge of life. The scriptures say "And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me." - Psalms 50:15.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11.
Truly, your greatness lies in the magnitude of the challenge you overcome with the help of Almighty God. Great people do have great challenge(s); David faced with Goliath, Daniel landed in the Lions' den due to conspiracy against his good life, Jesus was crucified & put to death for doing good among others (I Sam 17, Dan 6:10-28 & Mt 27:1-54). Truly, everything changes for good by trusting God when something challenges you. Remember, in great challenge lies great change because those who patiently wait on God will surely laugh last over any terrifying challenge. This is exactly the mindset of Job when he said "If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come." - Job 14:14.
What are the steps to overcoming challenges?
- Be prepared for the challenge (I Peter 5:8);
- Feed your soul with the Word of God ( Matthew 4:4);
- Keep a good or godly company;
- Be well informed (I Sam 17);
- Always pray and give thanks to God ( I Thess 5:16-18). These are the best ways to charge oneself well for the challenge(s) of life. It is also noteworthy that great people of old like Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were always charged by maintaining constant fellowship with God and setting an altar to Him Who can help them overcome every challenge and fulfil His good plans to them (Gen 12:1-18, 14, 26:25, 26 & 35).
In conclusion, We can only understand how to deal with the challenge of life when we understudy God. Everything changes for good by trusting God when faced with any challenge. Also, in great challenge lies great change because those who patiently wait on God will surely laugh last over every terrifying challenge.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2019 Babatope Adeniran