How to Improve Your Psychic Abilities
Have you ever tried to call a friend on the telephone, received a busy signal and later found out it was because she was trying to call you at that exact moment? Do you finish other people's sentences or instinctively know what they're going to say next? Do you "sense" something is going to happen before it does? Do you get a "feel" for someone within minutes of meeting them? Are animals and children drawn to you? Have you ever been so influenced by a dream that it caused you to alter your plans? Many people are already endowed with a modicum of psychic ability but because we live in a society that encourages logic and reason over gut feeling and intuition, these inherent abilities are grossly neglected.
But if you've ever experienced several of the above (or more) you may be more attuned than most. If you are already a highly intuitive person, if you make decisions based on how you feel rather than what you think, it's possible that you use a latent psychic skill to get these impressions. There are a number of ways to capitalize on this predisposition and improve your psychic abilities tenfold.
"The ability to tell the history of an object and its owner"
- Borrow an item from a friend or family member.
- Holding the object in your head, relax, clear your mind, and let your intuition kick in. Don't worry about making mistakes, and don't try to force anything. Just let the information flow naturally and say whatever comes into your head without censoring it or second guessing or analyzing. What are you feeling? What are your gut reactions? Let your mind wander and wonder: is this person warm or cold, happy or sad, introverted or extroverted, close-minded or free-spirited?
- Now go deeper. Don't focus on what you see with your eyes. Just because you are holding an expensive watch does not mean that the owner is wealthy; it could have been a gift. Talk aloud about what you feel instinctively, even if it doesn't make sense at the time, not what you see realistically.
- Talk to your friend by asking open-ended questions, but make it clear that he or she should not respond. Brainstorm, in a way, aloud, about what their past was like. Were they happy, were they lonely? Were they closer with their mother or their father? Focus on the past, don't attempt to make predictions about the future.
- When you're done, ask your friend what percentage you got right. Ask them to be specific -- you may be surprised at how accurate your "guesses" were. The more you practice psychometry, the more your mind will expand and the better you'll get. Use different objects and different friends, and keep track of how many of your "guesses" were correct. Over time, and with enough practice and dedication, you should notice your accuracy (and your psychic ability) improving.
"The ability to tune in to the thoughts of others, or to put your thoughts into someone else's mind"
- Get together with a friend or, better yet, a spouse, and decide who is going to be the sender and who is going to be the receiver. Let's say you're going to be the receiver. Instruct your husband to draw a simple picture on a piece of paper. The best images to use are ones that involve all five senses, emotional images that invoke severe and intense feelings. For example, a hand being hit by a hammer or a man leaping from an open window. If you know the sender intimately, have him draw an image that is ripe with meaning for the two of you.
- Imagine your mind's eye opening to reveal a bright light within your "third eye", located in the middle of the forehead. Imagine your husband's thoughts traveling from his brain to yours, and imagine your mind opening to receive his images. Now draw the first thing you see once the eye opens. Just like with all psychic improvement techniques, do not censor yourself. Just draw what you see and go with it.
- Compare drawings to see how close you got.
"A form of ESP whereby the viewer psychically visits a place in their dreams"
- Ask a friend to put an unusual object, like a box of cereal or a tube of toothpaste, something that wouldn't normally be found in the bedroom, on their nightstand before they go to bed.
- Before going to sleep, perform the same exercise discussed in the telepathy exercise. Clear your thoughts and picture your inner eye opening to absorb the information around it. When you wake up in the morning, write down the first thing you think of.
- Check later to see if your dreams included the unusual object. It may be very vague at first. For example, if they used a box of cereal, you may have dreamed of eating breakfast. If they used a tube of toothpaste, you may have dreamed of brushing your teeth or having a toothache. However, the more you practice, the more specific your dreams will become.