- Religion and Philosophy»
- The Role of Religion in History & Society
IF... by Merwin
Manifesto Wrap... Continued... Kinda
In a Hub that I posted a while back (Manifesto Wrap) I made a comment the fourth paragraph in, well here's that paragraph...
"So... IF, the return of Jesus is at the door, and if, this is the generation that sees his return and those events that lead to it, then we may expect to be able to see some evidence that things are at least leaning in that direction."
I have emboldened those parts of the sentence, because they will be my focus for this Hub. So before we look at whether or not things appear to be "leaning" in that direction let us first make sure of what I meant by, "that (or the) direction". The following verses will have certain phrases emboldened by me.
((Thank you Blue Letter Bible.com))
Rev 13:1 ¶ And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
Rev 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as [the feet] of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
Rev 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
Rev 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who [is] like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
Rev 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty [and] two months.
Rev 13:6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
Rev 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
Rev 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
Rev 13:9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.
Rev 13:10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
Rev 13:11 ¶ And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.
Rev 13:12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
Rev 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by [the means of] those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
Rev 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
Rev 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Rev 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number [is] Six hundred threescore [and] six.
End of chapter 13.
Yeah, I know, its a lot to take in... lets briefly digest some key points from that which I emboldened in the verses as numbered below...
- "...out of the sea" and, "...seven heads and ten horns" and, "...blasphemy". This is mostly symbolic with the exception of blasphemy. Most commentators agree that out of the sea is a reference to an undetermined nationality, or from out of the great sea of mankind. Seven heads and ten horns, refers (according to commentators) to seven "world leaders" with ten aspects or virtues of great power being the horns. Blasphemy? Very simply defined by their own phraseology, God is merely a superstition, and man should worship himself and what he may accomplish once free of that superstition.
- (no emboldening)
- One of the beast's heads - leaders, is violently killed (probable head and right arm wound... Zec 11:17 ) and is then restored to a high level of function, shocking the world.
- As a result the world will worship the power behind this leaders healing, and the leader himself.
- From the point of his restoration to the end of his reign will be three and a half years.
- (no emboldening)
- "all kindreds, and tongues, and nations" For the first time in history this is possible.
- "...all that dwell upon the earth..." Again for the first time in history, this is possible.
- (no emboldening)
- (no emboldening)
- "...coming up out of the earth..." Symbolically "the land" is a reference to the land of Israel, the sea is symbolic of all mankind, but "the earth" suggests to me, that his nationality may be specific enough to be significant at the time of his arrival, though not revealed at the time of John's writing. "Had two horns like a lamb" most commentators state that this is a false Christianity and I propose that it is probably an amalgam of many religions, including the false Christianity, with Worship of the beast at the forefront as in, "...he spake as a dragon".
- "...to worship the first beast whose deadly wound was healed."
- (no more emboldening)
Herein is "the direction" that I believe the evidence in world events must "lean" toward.
There will be a man of extreme power who is killed, miraculously healed and that suffers little diminished capacity from his wounds, if anything he shows greater capacity. He, as a result of this miracle and greater capacity is able to step into the ruling office that has been under construction for hundreds of years for him by the spirit of the Antichrist... which Paul said was at work in his day. This construction has undergone an intense acceleration of activity in the last 200 + years with the last 100, being the most aggressive.
And here is the description of that office. It is global and ultra-political, modern politics are synonymous with economic control, it has a new religious system that castes aside old superstitions, and the office must have the power to be able to perform mass executions on his whim.
All these descriptors have had their models introduced and proven successful in the last two hundred years and mass execution models going back to the French Revolution and even Rome. This is "the direction" that historical events must "lean towards" for this to be the setting for Revelation 13.
Centralized world banking (economic control) is all but officially engaged, and it is that entity which controls global politics. All has intentionally been constructed by the spirit of the Antichrist since (and perhaps before) the time of the Apostle Paul. In our era there are the Humanist (religious) Manifestos I, II and now III (under construction), that blatantly declares all former religions to be mere superstitions and therefore obsolete. And, we have the modern models for mass executions that has wiped out tens of millions... Hitler's holocaust, Stalin's purges, Mayo's cultural revolution, are the greatest examples of successful execution models, that most conservative estimates say are at the very least 50 million. And these are only three of many models for the coming holocaust.
What could possibly be the desired "end game" of these heinous shenanigans? Utopia... or something of the like, where mankind's population is never again beyond what is manageable. Where the world wide society is peaceful and well structured and enforced. Where there is no God but man himself, for they intend to Kill the antiquated concept of the Antichrist as well (though this suits the purposes of the Antichrist just fine), after they have once and for all killed God.
A couple of my friends and I go hiking most every Saturday morning and one of them mentioned his recent exposure to some "conspiracy theorizing" about how our world wars were not necessary... that they did not need to happen. He of course is not a conspiracy nut like myself, so he didn't really know what to make of the bits of information that he heard on the radio. So me being the nut that I am, bored my two friends with my take on it for about five minutes, I will try to make it much shorter here.
There are two main reasons for why major wars happen in the modern era.
- It is a masterpiece of economic planning for centralized banking, that essentially loans countries the money required to conduct war. They loan money to both sides... while loaning more to the side they wish to win, or that they know will win, and then hold the winners responsible for the debts and interest of the loser as well as their own.
- Wars decrease the surplus population to a more manageable level, which of course offers manageability for not only population, but time. For up until this modern day, the system could not have been powerful and controlling enough to support the purposes of their champion... "the beast".
I further suggest that in reality, the core inheritors of the reigns of power from the previous generation of puppet masters empowered by the Antichrist, do not consider the Judea-Christian religions superstitious at all. I suggest that when the time is right for Armageddon, that the loss of 5/6 of the world's population mentioned in Revelation suits their Utopian ideal population perfectly, as a matter of fact they are counting on it.
They (according to them) will have killed God, and killed off all the dissenters and structured for themselves the perfect world with zero population growth with the majority under the absolute control of the few. Utopia... at last. There would be no one starving no more need for mass murders, perfectly controlled environment, and so the end justifies the means.
IF... it were not for one problem... Jesus is at the door.