Inductive Bible Study
Inductive bible study involves the direct observation of the scripture context.
It helps the student learn how to dig into a bible passage to discover the facts, relate and interpret those facts and then finally apply them to his/her life.
It means mining the truths of the scripture by oneself.
To be Inductive
This means seeking to understand the whole by studying parts.
Therefore, we don’t start with answers rather, we discover the answer.
Therefore, we move from particular to general, small to large, a single verse to totality of scripture.
It is a discovery that yields ownership of truth i.e. Personal revelation.
To study means
look at something carefully and finally generate a report.
Brief Detail About The Bible
The bible is a unique book…
Written in 1600years,
by more than 40 human authors,
each in different circumstances,
in 3 languages (Greek, Aramaic and Hebrew),
“Yet it remains consistent”
It is God’s changing power (Rom 1:16); it has a life-giving power. It embodies the quest for our lives. The scripture has the picture of our future.
Therefore, inductive bible study is a simple step-by-step method of discovering bible truth by ordinary people.
It involves the use of the bible itself as the primary source of information.
The main requirement here is the willingness to slowdown and look at what the bible is saying (the scripture speaks; therefore, it has a voice).
Employment of Inductive Bible Study
Why Employ Inductive Bible Study ?
- To be equipped to study the bible on your own or as an individual.
- To be independent of relying solely on another person’s interpretation by discovering what the author says and means to the original hearers or readers.
- To be able to test various theological systems, thereby upholding the bible as final authority. Rom 11:17.
- To grow in the knowledge of the word and strengthen personal faith. 1 Pet3:8, 2 Tim 2:16-17
- Ultimately, to be transformed by God’s word. Rom 12:2
- Imagine a dentist tells you to say “ah”, looks into your mouth.To the untrained like us, we don’t really know what to look for, but he does. And after the observation, he will interpret his findings as a diagnosis. His application then becomes the patient’s prescription
- Imagine you are in a crime scene investigation, with inspectors look for clues like hair, fiber, blood and a number of other things. Then those involved in the inspection exercise will interpret what their findings mean to determine what direction of the source and may be velocity which the droplet of blood was traveling from and so on…
Each profession described above behaves this way because it is their job, what is our job?
When you know what God says, means and how to put His truth into practice (reality), you will be equipped for every circumstance of life (2Tim. 3:16, 17)
How is inductive bible stud achieved?
PLEASE CLICK BELOW TO CONTINUE
© 2014 Abba Elijah also known as elija_god (elijagod)