Mangal Dosha in Horoscope
Mangal Dosha - Conditions and Cancellation
According to Astrology, Mars or Mangal is the planet representing power, strength, courage and aggression. A positive influence of Mars can give us energy, strong will, independence and self confidence. A negative influence of this Planet can mean violence, disaster, conflicts or injury. It also indicates premature death; as with loss of partner, when Mars is afflicted in a condition is known as Mangal Dosha, Kujadosha, Chevvai Dosha or Angaraka Dosha. This affliction of Mars in the 1st, 4th, 7th, 8th, 12th house of a natal chart makes the horoscope to be known as a Manglik horoscope. In Vedic Astrology, the positions of the Sun and Saturn in a horoscope along with Mars have to be considered to determine if the horoscope of the person is Manglik in nature.
A person having the "Manglik Dosh" in horoscope can only get married with a person having the same Dosh. In other words, a Manglik should only marry a person who is a Manglik. The effects of Mangal Dosha vanishes after the age of 32 and there is no harm in getting married after that. Pandits suggests many ways to break the effect of Mangal Dosha before 32 also, such as getting married to a tree (like peepal or banana tree), cow, Shiva linga, silver or golden idol of Lord Maha Vishnu before getting married with a human. If you remember, Bollywood Actress Aishwarya Rai's first 3 marriages were with a Banana tree, Peepal tree and then with the idol of Vishnu before marrying Abhishek Bachchan to remove the compatibility differences. It is another matter that she was slapped with a law suit for false marriage.
Some other remedies for Mars Dosha can be reciting Hanuman Chalisa, doing Mangal Shanti Puja or offering sindoor to Lord Hanuman. I am writing this hub in response to the request received through mail to give details on situations when this dosha gets cancelled.
Conditions when Manglik Dosha gets cancelled
Before assuming that your Kundali is Manglik get it verified by an expert Astrologer. There are many situations where the mangal dosha gets cancelled. Given below are some cases where Mars even if it is in 2nd, 12th, 4th, 7th or 8th house the manglik dosha gets cancelled: -
- When Mars is in its own sign or in the houses owned by his friends manglik dosha gets cancelled.
- If Mars is in the 2nd house but in Virgo, Gemini sign no dosha.
- If Mars is in 12th house but in Taurus, Libra no dosha.
- If Mars is in 7th house but in Cancer, Capricorn no dosha.
- If Mars is in 8th house but in Sagittarius, Pisces no dosha.
- For Cancer and Leo ascendant Mars is a yogakaraka wherever it may be no dosha at all.
- For Aquarius ascendant Mars in the 4th/8th house no dosha.
- If benefic Jupiter or Venus is in ascendant no dosha.
- If Mars is in conjunction or aspected by Jupiter or Moon no dosha.
- If Mars is in conjunction/aspected by Sun, Mercury, Saturn, Rahu no dosha.
Planet Mars in Astrology
All about Mangal Dosh
© 2009 Anamika S Jain