- Religion and Philosophy
Are You Facing Crazy Circumstances?
It's Crazy! I know...
Life sucks sometimes. And it feels as if you are living somebody else’s life. Like you are drowning and there is no way out. Often it seems like it is always you going through crazy stuff. Maybe you lost a loved one, or your preferred candidate lost the election, or you lost your job, your money, your marriage, or your best friend?
Maybe it is something completely different, the school you wanted to get into rejected you. Maybe you lost everything you had worked for all your life in some natural disaster or manmade violent conflict - your house went up in flames or destroyed in the storm. Maybe you have been diagnosed with a serious illness or somebody you trusted broke your heart.
Life happens. Stuff happens. Moreover, it happens to people like you.
No matter what circumstance you may be facing or going through, just remember that God is always with you. You are not totally all by yourself.
You may be feeling lonely and all your friends seem to have disappeared from your view. No one is sending you any more text messages, emails or phone calls. No one is leaving comments on your Facebook page. It is as if you have stopped existing. Your children may have run away from home and they may be heading in the wrong direction. The gap in your relationship may be drifting further and further apart. Do not lose your hope! God is always there for you.
Life is like seasons. It changes with time. Like seasons, life never stays the same.
Many times, we focus on the wrong things. We fight natural laws and principles that cannot, and will not, be altered in any way. For instance, we cannot change the fact that we all have to die at some point. Whether we like it, or not. This is not to suggest that we can get used to death. This mystery has confounded man for centuries. We cannot get used to dying or losing our loved ones. Death, however, is a part of our lives and we need to accept it. It is not a lack of faith to accept death when it occurs. Instead, it is a lack of faith not to accept. The same goes for the other circumstances we may be facing in our lives.
You do not exercise faith by refusing to accept reality. You exercise faith by accepting reality and then believing that something positive will come out of that very real situation. For instance, someone fired from his job does not help himself or herself by claiming they still have the job. Or, if you are struggling with weight issues, you do not help yourself by refusing to accept that you are overweight or underweight. The only way you will be able to come up with more innovative and effective solutions to conquer your weight problems, is when you resolve to do something about it. However, that comes only by accepting reality and taking personal responsibility. Only you can use your abilities and nobody can do it for you
So what must we do when we feel like we are losing hope? When things around us are in total chaos? When we feel like throwing in the towel and giving up?
Here are five critical steps that may help you:
1. Accept the circumstance as real. Not as normal. However, accept it as real. Accepting reality is what gives you the power and enables you to understand clearly what you are facing. A clear understanding helps you in considering alternative solutions.
2. Instead of asking God why it happened, we should ask him to increase our capacity to handle ourselves while going through the circumstance. This is not easy, but it's the only sure way for personal growth. We mature by dealing with issues not by avoiding them. So don't deplete your energy trying to change your circumstance. Instead, focus on expanding yourself to handle the circumstance.
3. We should face the challenge with optimism knowing that God is always on our side as we go through stuff. A positive outlook is a faith-outlook.
4. Believe! that you will pull through. Whatever you believe, is what becomes your reality. Nobody lives outside the realm of their own mind. As a man thinks in his heart (the subconscious or mind - your spirit), so is he. I urge you to Never claim or use the phrase "I'm losing my mind." Your mind is the last thing you must lose. When you lose your mind, you lose yourself.
5. Be grateful for the good things still standing. Despite how broken life gets, there are certain areas of goodness that remain. - You are still here, alive and breathing. Of course, this does not mean that you ignore reality and have a party, pretending that all is well when you are supposed to be sad. That is not faith. Faith is deciding to move forward with life despite the circumstances. There is a time for everything. To be grateful in hard times implies looking at the circumstance from a positive perspective. In your loss, for instance, reflect on the wonderful times you had with that person or thing when you had access, privilege, time and chance. Cherish the memories and count the blessings.
The more you focus on the positive, the more powerful your breakthrough. Just remember, no matter what your circumstances appear to be, God is always there for you. He Loves You!
Please make sure you listen to the music videos below and share the hub with others. And, Don't forget to "Live Your Fuller Life!"
Please leave a comment or question if you have any. Share with us how you have managed to keep your head up despite your crazy circumstance.