Our God Our Father We Have Forgotten
Who is the one and only God we Worship?
Who is the God we worship and how and should this impact our lives day to day? He is our Father, our constant source of love, our defender, constant grace, our savior and our forgiver. The Bible says God, the Creator of all we know, will “separate our sin as far as the east is from the west” (Psalms 103.12).
This is the definitive answer to all repentance and addictions including money, drug, sex, food, and any other compulsions and complications of sin. I can promise this will happen over time. But until it is a reality in your own life it will not help you.
Here is a short essay you may find helpful:
1. Correction - When it feels like that everything is falling apart because you have done something willful. You may be facing the loss of a job, a pay-cut or a thousand other forms of correction. Get your Bible and read Hebrews 13.5. God loves us dearly and will discipline every son or daughter. Discipline can lead us into a better path, and one should be grateful for His loving us and putting discipline in our lives. He will always gently and lovingly lead one in the direction of His will and glory.
Read Psalm 119.105 where He states He will light our path and be with us on every curve we experience. He uses our GPS on a smartphone to give us direction of the path that gives Him glory and honor. Prayer is our connection of our GPS to the God we love. Pray often that He will correct those He loves.
Read John 15.4, 5, and know that without Him things go off the path and we feel lost. But with Him in our path we know that we are in God's way, His will, and path. We who are abiding in Him know the branch can not produce fruit unless it abides with the vine. We are the same, we produce good things in His will and purposes we are abiding with Him.
2. Direction - When God rebukes or corrects us He will never leave us directionless. When we walk with the Father our path is brighter and know that we will more likely see His way on the path He wants us to go. Psalm 119.5, "Oh that my ways may be steadfast in keeping your statutes! We who call on God and know Him as our Father have direction. He takes that personally. (Romans 1.16-32)
To worship Him properly we must love and honor God in a selfless way. Mankind has gone from the free love of the 60’s, the drugs of the 70’s and 80’s, the relativity of the 90’s and early 2000’s to the internet and media porn of our time where we have ignored and thus rejected God.
All of this has taught mankind to look only inward for comfort. It is not working. Mankind has never been more angst and unhappy about his/her life of sin. Mankind is an end to himself being the mantra of the unsaved doomed to hell. Mankind are all there is. This is an eternal lie from the doubt created by the evil one and the centerpiece of the Humanist Manifesto.
3. Inspection - We are to examine ourselves to see if we are really in the faith. (2 Corinthians 13.5) A small examination of ourselves has never hurt anyone. We must learn to respect ourselves and others as we go our way in God's will. We all should turn our attention to the Bible and learn His paths and be those who are willing to sacrifice and get into His Word. Also read Romans 3.1; 27-31 and John 1.1-5.
We Have What We Have Because of Them - God, the Lord Jesus, and the Holy Ghost.
The Worshiping of Christ, God, and the Holy Spirit
Mankind was created to be an outward being, outwardly praising and worshipping God, for all we have and He has done for each of us every day of our lives. There are no part-time believers in the children of God. We must give Him all. It really is simple.
America needs a massive revival. After all, we were created originally to walk with our God in fellowship and enjoy everything He created for us in perfect harmony with the universe. This is the eternal truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Some fundamental truths about worshipping our Lord includes:
1. First, it can come from only a redeemed heart of either a man or woman justified before God by faith.
One must trust in the Lord Jesus Christ alone for the forgiveness of his/her sins. Know this, no one whose sin has not been forgiven can worship the God of heaven with a cleaned heart and soul. Further, the worship of an unregenerate heart controlled by Satan and the dark side can never be accepted. (2 Timothy 2.26; 1 John 2.15). Worship must come from the heart “washed by the blood of the Lamb that was slain.
2. Second, true worship must come from a clean heart desiring Him alone to be acceptable to God.
The Samaritan’s erred precisely here; they tried to mix worship for both God and idols. (2 Kings 17.28-41) This is confirmed by the Lord Jesus Christ when He touched on true worship with the Samaritan woman who came to fetch water at the well. “You Samaritans worship what you do not know.” (John 4.22)
The Samaritans worshipped God “half-heartedly” because their heart was far from God. The same error is even a conceivable trap for even true believers to fall into. Today we may not, for the most part, have physical idols like the Samaritans, but what engages our will, our time, or our resources could conceivably be our idols? It can be your career, material possessions, money, health, and even our families?
We should cry out, like King David in Psalm 63.5, “Just as I am satisfied with the choicest of foods, so my lips will praise you joyfully.” Nothing less should satisfy the cleaned heart of a regenerate man than our God. It is through our worship of Him that we acquire divine satisfaction that is comparable to the best food ever prepared. The fruit of our lips sings God’s praise. (Hebrews 13.15)
3. Third, we worship God by continuously studying the Word to build up our knowledge of Him.
Have we have lost that desire to read the eternal Bible in these days? The statistics do not lie. A Christian should be reading the Bible and studying daily. In addition, we need to complement our knowledge by reading other good books, too. Our minds constantly need to be filled with the things of God; God should always be on our mind, and everything we do should be done with reverence to Him. (re. Colossians 3.17; 1 Corinthians 10.31)
When we carefully study the Greek word for “worship” in Romans 12.1 we find it also means “service.” Even our daily walk should also be well thought-out as worship to our Lord. Each day we are to offer ourselves as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God. The Church is supposed to be impacting the world by its worship of God. Far too often, it’s the other way around.
Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life
Jesus Christ said, “If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.” (John 15.7-11)
The Gospel is one thing and one thing only – the Lord Jesus Christ restoring our path to our God by us obeying God in everything we do. Jesus said something to a rich man that bears study. He said, “One thing you lack," He said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” Our Father loved us too, including dying on a tree and a hill He created. (John 14.6) The Apostle Paul, being the greatest writer of all time, wrote it down succinctly for posterity. The Gospel is:
“For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last, of all, he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.
David, far from perfect, had a heart for God that few have duplicated. He said, “Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord our Maker. For He is our God, and we are the people of His pasture, and the sheep of His hand.” (Psalm 95:6-7)
Why did God say David had a heart for Him? It is in this verse, “God removed him and made David their king. Here is God’s witness to him. ‘David, son of Jesse, is a man dear to my heart,’ he said. ‘He will do everything I want him to do.’” God said David will do everything I want him to do is the key. For doing this God said David was a man dear to His heart. What a compliment.
Here are several items on how we can be the object of such praise from God.
1. He must be the only object of man’s worship. There is no other being that is worthy to be worshipped and praised. Men worship many things. Money, women, sex, material objects, and many other things. God is the only being that is worthy to be worshipped. God came to earth in the form of a man – the Lord Jesus Christ.
2. God Is Worthy To Be Praise Because Of Who He Is. A proper view of God is we cannot do anything but honor and praise Him. (Hebrews 12:28) Paul established God as being worthy of praise because of who He is. All that Paul said in the book of Acts was written by Luke by the way. Here are a few verses where Paul spoke of God. Read each of these and understand. Acts 17:24a; Acts 17:24b; Acts 17:25b,28a; Acts 17:29; Acts 17:31
3. God Is Worthy To Be Praised Because Of What He Is. Our Lord’s nature and character show God to be far superior to man or man-made gods. He is so far ahead and above us, it is hard for us to understand. Paul also established God as being worthy of praise because of what He is. Acts 17:24; Acts 17:25; Acts 17:27b; Acts 17:29; Acts 17:30
4. Glimpses Of God’s Glory are everywhere if one looks for them. The following passages which attempt to describe God’s immaculate glory fall short. Isaiah 6:1-13; Ezekiel 1:1-28; Daniel 7:9-10; Revelation 4:1-11; Revelation 21:22-22:5;
CONCLUSION: It was Freud who once said that “man in his fears created God.” He was dead wrong. The Bible says that man in his arrogance denies God and pays for it dearly. (Romans 1:18-32) Man does not wish God into existence. If he could, Freud would have wished God out of existence. Instead, he now must face the God he thought was not (Psalm 10:4; 14:1).
Man Cannot Reach God on His Own
Mankind Without God?
The bottom line: Mankind without God is doomed to sin and unrighteousness in many and varied forms. Mankind is a trichotomous creation of mind, body, and soul. The relationship between God and Mankind has been fractured by the original sin.
Jesus Christ opened the pathway through the cross of Calvary. He is the only way for Mankind to seek and find God. When one seeks God through Jesus Christ who is nearby he will find Him. God is rich in mercy and love will listen to mankind. A. W. Tozer once said, “True worship is to be so personally and hopelessly in love with God, that the idea of a transfer of affection never even remotely exists.”
When one repents and asks God for forgiveness God promises to remember his/her sin no more. God through the Holy Spirit will then sanctify the repentant one so that the reign of sin is broken. Do not allow your education or how you were raised stop you from seeking the true path to God.
The Lord Jesus Christ is the only way. (John 14.6) Eternity is yours either way. It is as it always has been. Seek God through the cross of Jesus Christ where His shed blood washes one’s sin as clean as the newly fallen snow.
Daniel called a prophet by Jesus, heard Michael the archangel say, “Those who have insight will shine brightly like the brightness of the expanse of heaven, and those who lead the many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever. But you, Daniel, shut up the words and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.” (Daniel 12.4)
The entire sum of man's knowledge now doubles every twelve months. I would be safe to say that many run to and fro every minute of every hour of every day. The words of the book are unsealed and we are living the days that Michael told Daniel about. This should be obvious to any rational person. America largely has suffered a slow death because people stopped loving and caring for the underprivileged and needy doing the work of God.
Each individual must make up their own mind. I simply provide the information I find relevant to your review that may help you make the right decision. If you live in the Northern Maine in/around Madawaska. drop me an email. Do it today. We may build a church together. God’s blessings, Gary.
There is only one way to God
I am both sad and sorry to say our nation's relationship with the Creator is very dark, politics aside. He is the light and yet we live in the darkness of God's creation Satan. Hollywood is the dramatic promoter of about everything that is against the Word of God.
We either repent from the heart or we see the nation and the world get eviler. It starts with one repenting and telling others the truth and they do the same. Again, I want to say that I hope I do not come across as better than anyone. I am not. I just choose to write the words and let you decide for yourself. Thank you for reading the essays printed under my name.
God's blessings to each of you. Dr. Gary E. Hill
Simply Two Question Poll
Do You Love the Lord God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strenght?
Chuck Missler on Heaven
© 2018 Gary E Hill