- Religion and Philosophy»
- Christianity, the Bible & Jesus
Overcome your Goliath
You may feel like this guy?
Whats your Goliath
A Goliath -a mountain in your way -a stronghold keeping you locked in -an addiction you can’t seem to break -a sickness that consumes your mind and money -a habit you can’t break -relationship woe’s -a beast that intimidates you every time you try to move forward - a continual lack of money. You might just call them big problems that keep you from experiencing God’s best in your life and in your family. Whatever you call them they are enemies of Truth and Truths manifestation.
We are going to bring this teaching down to a personal level. If you are to advance in a more corporate way then you must first win in a personal way as David did while caring for the sheep when he defeated the bear and the lion
Confront the Goliath
1. Confront the problem. The first step is to identify the problem and the area in your life that it has taken up residence. This takes you being aware of the issues of your heart. This may take a season of reflect and examining your thoughts, the things you tolerate in your mind and in the atmosphere around you. You must recognize your enemy and realize its not the people around you. Blaming the people around you is an easy trap to fall into when you have a victim mentality, but you must resist this temptation if you are to see clear enough to identify the real issue. Later you may choose to separate yourself from certain people or environments to help you renew your mind.
Power of right thinking and speaking
2. Control your atmosphere
2. Control the atmosphere. Once you begin to identify your area to overcome, then you start feeding that area the truth of Gods character and His willingness to see you win. Your understanding that He desires to give you the kingdom is something you might not be familiar with in your inner heart (the heart and mind of your soul). You have heard the truth of Gods love and remark that you know He loves you, but the results in your life show a different God. What has manifested around you is what you really believe, a hard statement but true.
The atmosphere around Israel was being controlled by Goliath and his words. When David stepped on the scene he started changing the atmosphere to the truth about covenant with God which Goliath did not have, but Israel did. He then prophesied the giants’ defeat.
Fixing the thoughts of your heart and mind can be a chore, but it is probably the most important step in the process. Mere words will not change a circumstance for any permanent length of time. If your heart isn’t changed then your continual common thoughts and words will bring things back to what you really believe in your heart. “Out of the abundance of your heart, your mouth speaks.”
The process of manifestation is on this wise. “With the heart man believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation”.
Speaking is good to help change your thoughts, but is powerless until thoughts of the heart change. Thus Jesus and John the Baptist both proclaimed “Meta-Neo, the kingdom of God is at hand”. This phrase means to change your mind. Change your atmosphere.
One Small Stone
Conquer that Giant
3. Conquer the enemy. Nail it between its eyes. This is the first part of the action steps and is very easy to perform after you have changed the atmosphere. When David affirmed what was on the inside of himself, you might say he was in the anointing. His whole self, or the meditation of his heart was in the truth. If that’s not abiding in the anointing, then what is. Jesus said if you abide in me and my words abide in you, then ask (or demand) what you will and it will be done for you. That’s “in the anointing”.
Anyways you must perform the natural act to break your faith into the physical world. This is the bursting forth of the seed from the ground, it must happen if you believe. The famous scripture quote is “faith without works is dead” or powerless.
So bring the enemy down, by your act(s) of faith.
David removes gaints head
DeCapitate that giant
4. DeCaptitate the giant. It is important to remove the strongholds ability to rise again and torment you. You will need to shut all doors to the places that this spirit has occupied. Stop feeding the same thoughts that gave him access. Remove yourself from the same peoples, hangouts, habits. Avoid conversations that bring the same feelings you had when the giant controlled you.
When the spirits realize they are not being feed by you anymore, then they look for other places to go. But they will come back from time to time, make sure the feed bowl is not there anymore. Turn the red light off and leave it off.
Life is easier and there are plenty of other things to invest your time into without you being temped and tormented by past habits.
They overcame him by the Word of their testimony (meditation of their heart which they spoke) and the blood of the lamb (returning them to innocence).