Bible Quiz and Trivia - Questions and Answers Included
I have a love for trivia and quizzes. When I am asked a historical or biblical question and I do not know the answer, my immediate response is to search for it and I do not stop until I find out the answer. I have always been that way but maybe it is because there has always been Bible questions included in our family Bible time.
Asking questions from the Bible during Bible time with the family is a useful tool. It not only encourages listening but it also reveals how much you have learned and are still learning.
Perhaps you would like to give these questions a go and see how well you know your Bible. After you are through perhaps you may feel inclined to ask these questions from the Bible to your family and then maybe you can search for Bible questions on your own to add to your collection of Bible questions.
Multiple Choice Questions From The Bible
view quiz statistics
This next set of questions from the Bible require a longer answer. See if you can figure it out before you read the bottom of the page.
- What were the names of the twelve sons of Jacob? Which of these were Jacob's favorite and why?
- How did Rahab end up being David's ancestor?
- Who was Mephibosheth? What happened to him? What did David do to help him and why?
- What were the names of the sons of Zeruiah and which of these sons did Solomon have killed?
- Who did Paul 'much harm' and what was his occupation?
- What reasons did the elders of the Jews give to Jesus when pleading for Him to heal the centurion's servant? (Hint: there are two reasons)
- Who did the angel Gabriel appear to in the New Testament and why?
- After Jesus died and Joseph of Arimathaea came to claim His body, which Pharisee also came and what did he bring with him?
- Jesus said to Pilate: " Every one that is of the truth heareth My voice,". What was Pilate's response?
- What was the great miracle Jesus did in Decapolis?
- What was the name of the ruler of the synagogue whose daughter Jesus brought back to life?
- Recount the occasions in the Bible when forty days and forty nights are recorded.
Some Interesting Facts About The Bible That You May Not Know
- The twelve sons of Jacob were:
Jacob's favorites were Joseph and Benjamin because they were the sons of Rachel the wife he loved. (See Genesis Chapters 28 to 50).
2. Rahab was a prostitute who helped Israel conquer the city of Jericho. As a result, when they seized the city she remained unharmed and was allowed to join the children of Israel. She married Salmon who was the father of Boaz who was the father of Obed who was the father of Jesse who was the father of David. (See Joshua Chapter 6 and Matthew Chapter 1)
3. Mephibosheth was the son of Jonathan. When he was five years old, the news of his father and grandfather's death (Jonathan and Saul) caused his nurse to panic. She ran with him in her arms and dropped him. As as result of the fall, Mephibosheth became crippled. David restored all the land of Saul, his father, to him and commanded that he be always welcome at his (David's table). He also gave Mephibosheth the use of Ziba, Ziba's family and Ziba's servants. They would take care of the land for him so that he would prosper. David did all this because Jonathan, Mephibosheth's father, was his best friend. (See 2 Samuel 4 and 2 Samuel 9)
4. The sons of Zeruiah were: Asahel, Abishai, and Joab. Solomon had Joab killed. (See 2 Samuel 2 and 1 Kings 1 and 2)
5. Alexander did Paul 'much harm'. He was a copper smith. (See 2 Timothy 4:14)
6. They said that the centurion loved their nation and built a synagogue for them.(See Luke 7)
7. The angel Gabriel appeared to Mary and to Zacharias. Gabriel appeared to Zacharias to tell him of the upcoming birth of his son, John the Baptist and Gabriel appeared to Mary to tell her of the upcoming birth of Jesus. (See Luke 1and 2)
8. Nicodemus came and brought with him about one hundred pounds of myrrh and aloe. (See John Chapter 19)
9. Pilate's response was, "What is truth?" (See John Chapter 18)
10. In Decapolis Jesus cured a man who had an unclean spirit. So vicious this unclean spirit had him, that he even when he was chained he would break free and nothing could hold him. Jesus cast out the unclean spirit and sent it into a heard of pigs which then ran off the cliffs. The man was a changed person. (See Mark 5)
11. His name was Jairus. (See Mark Chapter 5 and Luke Chapter 8)
12. The rains fell when the world was flooded forty days and forty nights. (See Genesis 7)
Moses stayed on Mount Sinai for forty days and forty nights. (See Exodus Chapter 24)
Elijah fasted for forty days and forty nights. (See 1 Kings Chapter 19)
Jesus fasted for forty days and forty nights in the desert. (See Matthew Chapter 4)