Reasons I Worship the Lord - Part 1
Reasons I Worship the Lord: Part 1
I was sitting in church today and hearing the congregation worship the Lord individually, as is the practice in our church. At least an hour is spent on individual worship and praise. Then I thought, 'Why do I love the Lord? What are the reasons why I worship Him?' And as I meditated, I found 30 reasons.
1. I know that I am born again. Only those who are born again, born of the Spirit, can worship God. I was trapped in a christian cult for 18 years. I know that on Oct 24th, 1990 the Lord came into my life. I came out of darkness into His marvellous light; I came out of bondage into His glorious liberty; I came out of spiritual death into eternal life.
2. The assurance of salvation. My assurance is based on my born-again experience and on the written word of God. I have no doubt whatsoever about God's word. I have the assurance of the forgiveness of sins. My sins have been completely blotted out by the Blood of Jesus. I know that what I have obtained is eternal redemption, eternal salvation, with eternal security. My assurance is based upon faith, faith in God and in His written Word, and not upon my feelings.
3. I know the power of the Blood. It has washed away my sins. As a believer, every time I fall or fail, I confess my sins and He is faithful to forgive me, I John 1:9. I know the power of the Blood to redeem, to pardon and to cleanse. Otherwise I would not be able to serve God or carry out the ministry. It is the Blood that draws me near to the Lord. It is the Blood that has brought me into the Throne Room of Grace, Heb 4.16.
4. I have the witness of the Spirit that I am a child of God. I know that God is my heavenly Father. I address Him as 'Loving heavenly Father'. I have His Spirit dwelling in me.
5. The Bible has become a Living Word to me. It speaks to me in my distress. It comforts me with promises. It is full of light and life. Yes, God speaks in a still small voice. We can experience His 'registration' in our spirit.
6. I thank the Lord for the fellowship of the saints. I know that there are other children in the family of God, who have been born of the Spirit (as I am). We fellowship in the assembly, we gather together for prayer & worship, we bear one another's burdens. I love my spiritual family. And it transcends the narrow confines of my own assembly (where I gather for Sunday worship) and covers the universal church. That means everyone who is indwelt by the Holy Spirit is my brother and sister in Christ.
7. I worship the Lord for the deep experience of the cross. Without the cross doing its deep work in me, I would not have come to know the Lord as I do. On one side, the cross empties me; I am decreasing. On the other side, the Spirit is taking charge of me; the Lord is increasing. So on one side, death; and on the other side, life.
8. I worship the Lord Jesus for the Spirit taking control of me, for taking charge of my life and becoming the Lord of my life. Yes, the Spirit is Lord. He rules in me. Jesus Christ lives in me through the Holy Spirit. I thank the Lord Jesus for the Spirit-controlled life. I know what it is to grieve the Spirit, quench the Spirit, resist the Spirit, and how the Spirit checks me. He is a real Person dwelling in me.
9. I worship the Lord for answers to prayers. He doesn't answer right away; often He makes me wait. But when His answer comes, it is always at the right time. Yes, He is a prayer-hearing and a prayer-answering God. Psalm 50.15, Jer 33.3, Matt 7.7 -- how I love the promises of God regarding prayer. How I yearn to have a greater prayer life.
10. I worship the Lord for the many times He has delivered me from trials, deep trials. I have been through fire and water, but He has brought me into an abundant place. Psalm 66:12. I thank the Lord for all His past mercies.
(I have given you 10 reasons why I worship the Lord Jesus Christ. I would like to mention another 10 reasons in Part 2, in another hub. Blessings to you all! May we all learn to worship God in spirit and truth!)
© Roland N Oliver/Pratonix
- Reasons I Worship the Lord - Part 2
Hearing individual worship in church this Sunday, I wrote down the reasons I worship the Lord. I've already given 10 reasons in my earlier hub. Here are some more reasons: 11. I worship the Lord for His abundant mercy and grace. 12. I thank the Lord
- Reasons I Worship the Lord - Part 3
This is the concluding part of a three-part essay on why I worship the Lord Jesus Christ, who is King of kings and Lord of lords, and is the Most High God, seated 'far above all' in heaven, enthroned at the right hand of the Heavenly Father.