Talking With God: Are You Taking Time to Pray?
Talking With God: Plus Having The Knowledge of God
Life can seem overwhelming and with so many distractions we can all agree that we find ourselves preoccupied with so many things from family, kids, work, and other things that keep us occupied. Sometimes we think that we are the only one going through it.
In First Corinthians 10:13 says "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it".
It's true that we might believe were the only ones going through problems and situations, temptations and struggles, but Paul says it's common to man that we all go through the same like trials and temptation.
But we have an escape through the word of God, and we will come through it. That is why it's important to study the word to show ourselves approved in the word and rightly dividing the Bible. And we know that we have a way out as the word says.
There are so many things we have learnt when we were young that needs to be un-learnt and changed for us to be apply the Bible way of doing things. Talking and listening to God everyday is important. God always leads us in the perfect place that we need to go if we will trust him.
This scripture in Hosea 4:6 explains it like this: If you go through life and never come to the knowledge of things written in the word you will be destroyed because you lack knowledge of the word. not knowing anything. Still God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ cause us to always triumph.
Knowing this that at the beginning of your day you have focused on God, and this sets the whole day for you to talk and hear God clearer. But if you fail to put God first, it leads you away from the things that God wants to do in you.
Most Christian's aren't reading the bible as they should, but it's through the knowledge of God that causes change in us and through us. Most of the time believers in Christ are to busy their on social media, and feeling their minds with things that are not godly, and therefore pulling them further and further away from what God is trying to communicate to them.
Start by making a plan and keeping a commitment to put your time in studying, and reading, and praying, building up yourself in the word everyday, then you will hear God better by spending that time with him.
We all have 24 hours in a day lets make the best of it, and make it count in the kingdom of God.
NIV Perfect book for Journaling the Bible
We Can Come Boldly To The Throne
We can come boldly, to the throne of grace with thanksgiving honoring God with praise and thanks giving ( Hebrews 4:16 says "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need").
God want's to reveal his will for our life and his plan for us, and as we stand on what he has already said in his word, and walk in it we can then begin to see God's word working in us. And as we continue to meditate, ponder and hear what the Holy word of God is saying, the Bible says that faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God patiently waiting on him to answer us and to show us what to do.
How Can I Hear God's Voice - 6 Ways to Hear God
6 Ways We Can Talk To God
God wants us to find time for him, and to listen to him. God does hear us when we pray, and is willing to answer us but he's waiting for us to line up with his word. Here are 6 ways that we can talk to God:
- First thing in the morning
- Getting dressed in the morning.
- Driving to work.
- Preparing dinner.
- Retiring for the night.
First Thing In Morning
- First thing in the morning when your waking up. Greet God with a hearty Good morning and let him know your thinking about him, ask the holy spirit for guidance, and strength ( Proverbs 3:6 says "In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.")
- Give him your problems today trust (rely) in where he takes you, and lean not on what you think you know. (Proverbs 3:5 says " Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.") but on what he know, take the time to listen.
- While picking out an outfit talk to him if, you are unsure about what looks good on you for the day. You don't have to ask about getting dressed it's preference but it's time to talk and fellowship with him..
- Yes, God is concerned about helping you choose what to wear, if it's important to you it's important to him. (Matthew 10:30 says "But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.") Wow! isn't that amazing.
Driving To Work
- Thank God for covering you as you drive to work, thank him for guiding you safely to your destination, and watching us and others, because we all make mistakes when driving and I know I have made many of them myself, I know that we all have so I don't get angry with them. (Psalm 32:8 says, "I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide with mine eye)
When You Go Shopping
- Enjoy God's presence while at the grocery store, or at the mall when shopping. I ask the Lord to lead me to the right store where the sales are, and get some great deals. You know we love a sale or saving money.
- God's there when were preparing dinner for your family, or friends. Isn't it nice to know that in everything that we do, he's concerned about. God is awesome!. There is nothing that is to little or unimportant that he don't care about, because he cares about everything.
Retiring for the night
- Praise God, we've made it through the whole day, acknowledging him, keeping him before our face, honoring and trusting him, what a wonderful God we serve, We can pray to him before we go to sleep, ( "Thank you Lord, for honoring your word today and guiding our footsteps, in Jesus name,(" Amen"). Let's continue to encourage each other, on our journey to Heaven. May God richly bless you and let the peace of God be with you. Amen!
Today Choose God!
Do you believe you should pray?
How important is prayer to you?
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2013 MSGolden51