- Religion and Philosophy»
- Christianity, the Bible & Jesus
Talking With God: Are You Taking Time to Pray?
Talking With God: Are You Talking to God
Life can seem overwhelming with so many distractions that take our minds off of God, and talking with God: are you talking to God? We don't seem to find the time out of our busy schedules, to communicate with him, and hear what he want's us to do, that's why it's important to pray, in our daily walk with him, if we are going to get through the day.
Making a plan to follow and keeping a commitment to put the plan in action will help us to get through the day, we can spend time with him and hear what he's saying, and communicating to us about what ever problem we may be facing.
We can all agree that we find ourselves preoccupied with so many things from family, kids, work social media, and other things that we forget the things that takes our attention.
It seems like everybody has some kind of device robbing them of time that can be spent on seeing what God want. We have 24 hours in a day and we still can't fit it all in and still have time to pray.
We Can Come Boldly To The Throne
We can come boldly, to the throne of grace with thanksgiving honoring God with praise and thanks giving ( Hebrews 4:16 says "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need").
God want's to reveal his will for our life and his plan for us, and as we stand on what he has already said and walk in it, we can then begin to see God's word working in us. And as we can continue to hear what the Holy word is saying, the bible say faith comes by hearing and hearing, patiently waiting on him to answer us.
How can I hear God's voice
Here is a great opportunity to talk to God it's your best plan.
6 Ways We Can Talk To God
God wants us to find time for him, and to listen to him. God does hear us when we pray, and is willing to answer us but he's waiting for us to line up with his word. Here are 6 ways that we can talk to God:
- First thing in the morning
- Getting dressed.
- Driving to work.
- Preparing dinner.
- Retiring for the night.
First Thing In Morning
- First thing in the morning when waking up, Greet God with Good morning and let him know your thinking about him, ask him for guidance and strength ( Proverbs 3:6 says "In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.")
- Give him your problems today trust (rely) in where he takes you, and lean not on what you know. (Proverbs 3:5 says " Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.") but on what he know, take the time to listen.
- While picking out an outfit talk to him about what to wear if, you are unsure about what looks good on you for the day. You don't have to ask about getting dressed it's preference.
- Yes, God is concerned about helping you choose what to wear, if it's important to you it's important to him. (Matthew 10:30 says "But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.") Wow! isn't that amazing.
Driving To Work
- Ask God to cover us as we drive to work, ask him to guide you safely to your destination, and watch us and others, because we all make mistakes when driving and I know I have made many of them myself, I know that we all have so I don't get angry with them. (Psalm 32:8 says, "I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide with mine eye)
When You Go Shopping
- Enjoy God's presence while at the grocery store, or at the mall when shopping. I ask the Lord to lead me to the right store where the sales are, and get some great deals. You know we love a sale or saving money.
- God's there when were preparing dinner for our family, or friends. Isn't it nice to know that in everything that we do, he's concerned about. God is awesome!. There is nothing that is to little or unimportant that he don't care about, because he cares about everything.
Retiring for the night
- Praise God, we've made it through the whole day, acknowledging him, keeping him before our face, honoring and trusting him, what a wonderful God we serve, We can pray to him before we go to sleep, ( "Thank you Lord, for honoring your word today and guiding our footsteps, in Jesus name,(" Amen"). Let's continue to encourage each other, on our journey to Heaven. May God richly bless you and let the peace of God be with you. Amen!
Do you believe you should pray?
How important is prayer to you?
© 2013 MSGolden51