- Religion and Philosophy»
- Astrology & Metaphysics
The Five Feng Shui Elements
The energy of the constant interaction between the ying and the yang presents five classes of movement; the study of this movements represents the basics for the "theory of the five elements" which is a fundamental tool for the practice of feng shui.
The five elements represents five phases of distinct energies or chi. for its explanation are used five elements in nature: fire, water, metal, wood and earth. each and everyone of this energies represents a transformation of the chi, and corresponds to a geographical orientation, numbers, colors etc...
The five energies transforms from one to other in a process called "creation cycle " this way each of the five energies creates the energy that follows it. Fire produces earth which at its time produces metal in its depths; the contractive energy of the metal produces water which at its time produces wood. at the other hand this energies controls to each other into the "control cycle" where fire, controls metal, metal controls wood, wood controls earth, earth controls water, and water controls fire.
this elements are presented in our daily life, and you can use them to have a balanced energy in your home, using the following reference:
- Fire: Kitchen, ovens, heaters, candles, incense, TV's, computers, red lights, triangular forms and pyramids, red color and violet color, red carpets, and fire paintings.
- Earth: ceramic, stones, crystals, marble, square flat shapes, earth itself, earth tones, terracotta, ocher, brown, beige and light yellow, landscape paintings with the mentioned tones.
- Metal: metal ornaments, circular shapes, white color or metallic tones, all kinds of metal, Sculptures, decorative plates.
- Water: aquariums, fountains, rolling shapes, colors black and blue, water representation paintings.
- Wood: plants and flowers, columnar shapes, green colors, wooden objects do not represent wood since it is not living wood, woods, grasslands, and gardens paintings.