The Most Inspirational, Motivational, Effective Quotes or Sayings of Swami Vivekananda through Pictures
Quotes of Vivekananda On Character
Vivekananda, the Great Thinker on Character
Vivekananda was a great philosopher who thought on human mind and said his sayings to motivate and inspire the human beings for their well being.
On Character:- He strongly believed in making strong character. It can only make our nation stronger. We should change our character for others. According him, our forefathers had shown that character is the only way to prove one’s greatness, nobility and strength. It is character itself that makes us to take responsibility on owns.
- Your aim is yours. So do not change it for others. But your character is not yours. So change it for others.
- Once a British asked Swamiji , “ Can’t you wear proper cloths to be a gentleman? Swamiji replied, “ In you culture Dress makes gentleman but in our culture Character makes a gentleman.”
- Stand up, be bold, be strong. Take the whole responsibility on your own shoulder.
He always advised his followers to be fearless. He emphasized on the strong mind to reach up to one’s goal. Fear can diver one to retreat from forwarding.
- Be not afraid of anything. You will do marvelous work. The moment you fear, you are nobody. Be a hero. Always say, ‘ I have no fear.’ Tell this to everybody – “Have no fear”.
Vivekananda on Education and Freedom
According to Swami Vivekananda education means experience collected throughout life. Education is to rub out the dirt within and make oneself as clear as water.
- Knowledge can only be got in one way, the way of experience; there is no other way to know.
- What is education? Is it book-learning? No. Is it diverse knowledge? No even that. The training by which the current and expression of will are brought under control and become fruitful is called education.
- Education is the manifestation existed already in men.
He established the epiphany of human beings on the thought of actual freedom which , he ascertained , is found during when one fell in love with every human beings and considers them god. God lives in human beings , not in temple, mosque or Girja.
- The moment I have realized God sitting in the temple of every human body, the moment I stand in reverence before every human being and see God in him- that moment I am free from bondage, everything that binds vanishes, and I am free.
Vivekananda on Humanity Betterment
Vivekananda on Washing out for Purification
We are responsible for our deeds and the results of miseries. We can change ourselves for our betterment. There is no teacher except yourself. You only can teach you what is right and what is wrong. Thoughts live long. So we must take care of our thinking. We must have got self belief and self confidence to make us better, free from bondages, etc.
- We should believe in ourselves. This is what Vivekananda says. Self belief and self confidence is the essence for uprooting the evils and miseries.
- If faith in ourselves had been more extensively taught and practiced, I am sure a very large portion of the evils and miseries that we have would have vanished.
- You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.
- We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.
Vivekananda on Life, Love and Guidance
Vivekananda on Life, Love and Guidance
There is no other power except strength for living a lovely life. Time is fleeting, so we will not take much opportunity to live a life. To live a life means to help others. As time is short so we must take risks in life to excel.
- He asserts on living for others that can make feel living lively. One should have taken risks either to lead or to guide either by winning or by defeating. One must be strong to live.
- This life is short, the vanities of the world are transient, but they alone live who live for others, the rest are more dead than alive.
- Take risks in your life. If you win, you can lead! If you lose, you can guide.
- Strength is life, weakness is death.
Shouting out, ' i love you, I love you' is not what is love. Love is much more than that. Love is love what can only be proved by deeds and actions.The person who loves you should not be hated. The person who believes you, should not be cheated. The person who helps you , should not be forgotten.
- Love is not about how much you say ‘ I love you ‘ but how much you can prove that it’s true.
- Who is helping you, don’t forget them. Who is loving you, don’t hate them. Who is believing you, don’t cheat them.
Guidance is difficult to calculate. It would give you sufficient opportunity to assert the right path for you to walk through.
- True guidance is like a small torch in a dark forest. It does not show everything once. But it gives enough light for the next step to be safe.
- In a day, when you don’t come across any problems- you can be sure that you are traveling in a wrong path.
Thus goes his quotations which ,as you see, are enough to arouse the inner hearts of human beings and glorify them . These quotes have been inspiring generation after generation since theirs' origin.
The Power of Human Beings and Reaching the Destination
Vivekananda's Appeal to Arise
The great Indian monk was not a religious person but one of the greatest inspirational philosophers of all time. He always emphasizes on the inner power of humanity. He gives emphasis on the spiritual humane power consisting of self respect, self reliance, self confidence etc. What is within can not be found even in god's dictionary. So he always wants strength within.
- You have cried to all gods in the world. Has misery ceased? The masses in India cry to sixty million gods, and still die like dogs. Where are these gods. The gods come to help you when you have succeeded. So what is the use? This bending the knee to superstitions, this selling yourself to your own mind does not befit you, my soul. You are infinite, deathless, birthless. Because you are infinite spirit, It does not befit you to be a slave. Arise, awake and stop not till the goal is reached.
- My child, what I want is muscles of iron and nerves of steel, inside which dwells a mind of the same material as that of which the thunderbolt is made.
- All power is within you, you can do anything and everything.
- You are the creator of your own destiny.
- You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself.