The Thousand Years Will Be Lived On The New Earth.
New Evidence At The Right Time In History
Serious Questions That Started My Quest
For the first 20 to 25 years of being a Christian, I believed it was common knowledge that the new heavens and earth along with the New Jerusalem came into existence following the Great White Throne judgment. In the early 90's when I began to actually study the book of Revelation some questions that bothered me arose when I came to chapters 21 and 22; such as:
- If eternity has no death, sorrow or pain (Luke 20:36; Isaiah 35:10; Revelation 21:4) then why are the leaves of Revelation 22:2 needed for the "healing" of the nations?
- Speaking of nations, why are they even mentioned in chapters 21 and 22 if this is eternity?
- If all sin, sinners and anything evil has been cast into the Lake of Fire, how do you explain chapters 21:24-27 and 22:14-15? Remember, I Corinthians 15:50-54; flesh and blood cannot inherit eternity!
- Why are months mentioned in Revelation 22:2 if this is eternity?
- What is the need for an identity check at the New Jerusalem's gates (Revelation 21:27)?
Lastly but of great importance to me was a quote by Schofield in one of his earlier "reference Bibles" concerning the great millennial passage in Isaiah 65:17-25 and specifically addressing verse 17. Paraphrasing; it stated that verse 17 should be verse 25 and verses 18 to 25 should become verses 17 to 24. For if verse 17 is correct, then we must believe in a millennial new heavens and earth which we know is not correct. At the time he wrote this (1909, revised in 1917) there were no complete copies of the book of Isaiah, even to the point that Jewish scholars believed that chapter 53 was was a hoax inserted by anti-Jewish Christian scholars. However an amazing event occurred in 1946 when an Arab boy searching for wandering goats threw a rock into a cave near the Dead Sea.
Enter the Dead Sea Scrolls
From Wikipedia: "The Dead Sea Scrolls, ...... are a collection of some 981 different texts discovered between 1946 and 1956 in eleven caves from the immediate vicinity of the ancient settlement at Khirbet Qumran in the West Bank." One of the discoveries was the COMPLETE book of Isaiah and that verse 65:17 was between verses 16 and 18. Also chapter 53 was there. The following is the newly abridged quote from the current Schofield reference bible trying to keep Scholfield's original intent. "Isaiah 65:17 looks beyond the kingdom-age to the new heavens and the new earth (see refs. at "create"), but Isaiah 65:18-25 describe the kingdom-age itself. Longevity is restored, but death, the "last enemy" 1 Corinthians 15:26 is not destroyed till after Satan's rebellion at the end of the thousand years. Revelation 20:7-14." I wonder if Schofield would have approved such a change or would he have changed his belief to that of a new heavens and earth for the "kingdom-age".
Infinite Art in the Heavens
A New Earth Beyond Our Imagination
My Case from the Word of God
note: i will address the new jerusalem in part 2 and its relationship to the new heavens and earth. I pray it will cause you to examine the evidence with attention to its detail. it may just change your approach to our future!
The following are the highlights of why I believe that the millennium (the kingdom-age) shall be lived out on the new earth surrounded by a newly created heavens with the New Jerusalem present. There are so many scriptures that take on a new life when seen through the eyes of a Creator God as we understand what He means when He says, "Behold, I make all things new."
- The 70th week of Daniel is the promise of judgment upon unbelieving Israel and all the nations of earth. Daniel 9:24-27; Joel 3:9-15; Isaiah 26:20-21
- The millennium is the promise of restoration to the Jews as His people. Joel 3:16-18; Psalms 89:3-4,34-36
- The millennium is the promise to the Bride, the Martyrs, and the 144,000 to rule and reign with Christ and the sheep of Matthew 25 to inhabit a world prepared for them. Daniel 12:13; Revelation 5:9-10; 20:4-6
- The day of the Lord, in both the O.T. and N.T is always associated with the 70th week and the return of the Messiah to set up His kingdom. Isaiah 2:12-19; 13:6-13; Hosea 2:16-20; Amos 5:18-20; Zephaniah 1:7-18; 2 Thessalonians 2:2-3; Revelation 6:15-17
- The destruction of the heavens and earth is always associated with the day of the Lord. Isaiah 13:6,13; 24:1-23; Matthew 24:29; Romans 8:18-22; 2 Peter 3:10; Revelation 6:12-14
The Destruction Will Be Total
ASK YOURSELF THIS QUESTION: WHICH EARTH DO YOU DESIRE TO INHERIT?
- During the 70th week, the seas and the springs of fresh water are destroyed along with the air, the sun, moon and stars; God's judgment has affected all of creation. All things need restoration. Psalms 46:6-8; 75:2-3; 97:3-5; 2 Peter 3:10
- Revelation 20:11 states "..from whose face the earth and heavens fled away". A sin ridden creation cannot stand before a holy God. Romans 8:21-22
- Ask yourself another question: why would Jesus heal and restore this earth for the millennial period only to destroy it completely when the thousand years have passed?
Addressing the New Creation
- The new creation, heavens and earth, is to coincide with the revelation of the new creation of God's children. 1 Corinthians 15:49-52; 2 Corinthians 5:17; Romans 8:19,21
- I contend that the teaching of Isaiah 65:17-25 is that the millennium will be lived upon a perfect earth under perfect skies.
Concerning Christ and His Bride
- Christ must remain in heaven until the times of restoration of ALL things which will occur on the day of the Lord (Acts 3:19-21) Note that the word "restoration" which only found in Act 3:21 (apokatastasis605 - the restitution of a thing to its former condition) cannot mean to the earth we know; for why would God restore the heavens and earth to their previous dying state? It can only mean being restored to the earth as a form before the fall of man in the garden of Eden; a perfect heavens and earth.
- We are the Bride of Christ and are identified with the New Jerusalem for the Word says, "..prepared as a Bride adorned for her husband." We and our King are identified as one with the New Jerusalem. Ephesians 2:19-22
- The symbolism of the Jewish wedding and from John 14:1-3, our Lord will not return until the New Jerusalem is completed for it is our wedding chamber.
- In Revelation 20:7-9 when the armies of Satan surround the "camp" of the saints and as camp means castle, citadel, barracks, etc.; it is speaking of the New Jerusalem.
- When the armies of Satan in Revelation 20:9 come upon the broad plain of the earth to surround the "camp", it is not a geological feature that now exists. The connotation is that the earth is a broad plain probably very similar to the original creation which was destroyed during the flood.
- The millennial temple of Ezekiel 40 to 48 is too large for the current location and as Ezekiel 40:2 states, it will sit upon its own very high mountain; another geological feature that does not exist. It will be a well lit beacon in the land of Israel and for the annual pilgrimage required of the nations of the earth. Also the land divisions of Israel set forth in the Ezekiel passages will require a major remodel to accommodate the future Israel.
- Ezekiel 47:12 parallels the Revelation 22:1-2 passage for the river flowing from the throne of God will run through the land of Israel.
i have more but i believe i have stated my case with conviction. you may want to read the great "tribulation" chapter of Isaiah 24 and pay close attention to verse 19. KJv words "clean" & "dissolved" are the same hebrew word parar6565 . it is EQUIVALENT to our idiom of repeating a word for emphasis, i.e. really, really sorry or please, please may I.
How Do You Describe An Infinite God?
Who Can Comprehend Eternity?
1 Corinthian 2:9 "But as it is written, eye hath not see, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him." If someone should say to you that they have seen or have been to heaven, the Truth is not in them. Paul was caught up to Paradise and heard unspeakable words which are unlawful for a man to utter and of course John in the courts of heaven receiving the Revelation of Christ. One thing both have in common: they were NOT allowed to see into the eternal future. That is reserved for our God to show His holy ones when all sin and death are destroyed. We are such easily bored creatures; I cannot imagine being in constant state of wonderment and perfect joy; it boggles the mind.