There Are No Guarantee in Life
We all know that there are no guarantee in this life. We are born, and we die, and everything that happens while we live is by the grace of God. However, there are some things within our control. There are no guarantees but you can increase your odds of success if you just follow some basic rules.
- March 2016
What Should One Do?
Life is a set of choices that we make. From the time we are born to the time we die, we are given some choices. There is no guarantee of success but we can up the odds. Here is a random list of suggestions.
- Get a good education. Even if you don't go to college, make sure you learn a trade.
- Don't smoke or do drugs. These are common sense but unfortunately, that does not seem to be too common these days.
- Don't over indulge in alcohol. It is fine to have a few drinks for social gatherings or at ball parks, but don't over do it to the point you loose conscious.
- Abide by the law. If you are stopped by officers, follow his instructions and don't argue.
- For girls, don't get pregnant before you are married and ready to be a parent.
- Don't get a motorcycle. It is too dangerous, not because of your skills but because other drivers can't see you as well.
- Don't borrow and live above your means.
- Join a church group and participate in youth activities.
- Join a sports team and participate in team sports. It is a good learning experience.
- Learn a second language, it is good for your brain and your memory later on in life.
- No matter how much or little you earn, remember to save for your golden years. Time is on your side.
- Protect the environment and try not to waste. We are given dominion over the earth and it's resources and animals. It is for our well being but not to be abused.
- Do some volunteer work to help the less fortunate. It is good karma.
- Respect your elders and help them with chores when you can.
- Be a roll model for younger people in your circle. Use teachable moments to help them.
Why Is This Important?
In our modern society, it is easy to believe that we have all the answers. Our advanced technology and scientific advancements have made our lives better and the world richer. However, spiritually, we are lagging behind many primitive societies. Why is that?
With all the advances, we have not made a dent in understanding where we come from and what is the purpose of life?
There is one manual given to us thousands of years ago and it is still relevant today. It is the Bible. The laws and parables and wisdom within it is still relevant over 2000 years later.
Life is a challenge for all of us. It has nothing to do with how wealthy or poor, how healthy or sick, or how handsome or plain we look. We can change the odds of success by the choices and actions we take. There are no guarantees but we can do our part. God is in control but he gives us free will so that we can pick our own path. Peace.