Best All Time Guilty Pleasures Lists | 12 Confessions of a Cookie Dough Junkie| Top Guilty Pleasures
Do not tell anyone.
We all have guilty pleasures that we would not want the rest of the world know about. Since I am more human than most (more fallible than most), I probably have more guilty pleasures than anyone does. The following is a list of my guilty pleasures:
1. Godzilla movies. There is something almost spiritual about a movie where the USA is often the bad guy, and a radioactive lizard destroys everything. In my opinion, anything that makes one contemplate if we, the USA, are the good guys is a good thing. In fact, everyone should ask themselves if they are one of the good guys/girls from time to time (consider it an existential exercise).
2. Zombie Books. My favorite writer is Joseph Conrad, but my favorite books (currently) are zombie books. A tireless enemy that never rests (even terrorist sleep) and has only one goal is a horrifying thing.
3. Comic Books. Comic books get a bad rap. They are a wonderful way to get children to read. I have never understood why Harry Potter books, which were written for children, are okay but not comic books. If you think all comic books are light reading material...read The Watchmen or V is for Vendetta (or watch the movies).
4.Rom Coms. Comedy is comedy no matter what the format, and if it helps get my wife in the mood...
5. Heavy Metal. Heavy Metal is the music I grew up with, and it still speaks to me now.
6. Horror Movies. I am not a fan of serial killer movies, but I do enjoy anything supernatural. Nothing makes you feel more alive than fear.
7. Babies. Men are not supposed to go gaga over babies but I do. There is something comforting about the fact that God has not given up on us yet.
8. Wrestling. Most women hate wrestling and say, "Why do you like it?", and "You know it is fake." Excuse me, but almost everything on television is fake, including the reality shows.
9. Cartoons. I am not only talking about Animation Domination on Fox either. Bugs Bunny is still the best wise guy on television.
10. Eating raw cookie dough. I know there is some danger involved (raw egg product), but it tastes soo good.
11. Tosh .0. Some people say that America worships stupidity, and I am afraid by watching this show, I might have joined the stupid worshipping masses (be nice atheist and agnostics).
12. South Park. It is the funniest show on television, but they bash Christianity all of the time.
In closing, that is my list of guilty pleasures, and I am very interested in hearing about your guilty pleasures.