Trials Come Like A Flood
Trial & Error Comes and Goes
Jesus Christ is Όμορφο Do you know what He is?
Christians have trials which is an undeniable fact. Trials seem to creep in whether we want them to or not. I would not call them a friend, but an acquittance. The Bible speaks to trials in a Christians life differently than in the world perhaps and we will examine this experience. In fact, the Word says we learn patience from them.
We have to keep in mind several facts:
- There is no life where sorrow does not enter.
- Earth has no sorrow that heaven cannot cover and heal.
- Never forget, we can cause the sorrow ourselves; Jonah and Elijah did as you might recall.
- Ananias and Sapphira in the Jerusalem Church (Acts 5.1-11)
- The Lord can send one to discipline us or help us train others in a storm.
- In Mark 4, Satan can cause the storms in our lives.
- Remember, Jesus on the boat did not keep the storm from coming, Fear and faith are mutually exclusive. Faith is taking God and the Lord Jesus Christ at their Word.
Where Is Jesus Christ In The Average Person's Life Today?
Jesus Talked in Parables Because of His Generations Failure
One of Jesus Christ cousins, James, and gentile giants of the New Testament said it so kindly this way, “Count it all joy when you fall into divers’ temptations; knowing this that the trying of your faith works patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that you may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.” (James 1.2-4)
Jesus talked in parables because of His generations failure to recognize and accept Him as the Messiah. If a pole were taken today on the street, the same outcome would probably result if the terms were truly understood. I may take one at the end of this short essay. Today, most people just don't care.
One thing He talk about were the soils that the seed feel into. The seed being the Word which is preached non-stop in this country. The terms I am using are consistent throughout the New and Old Testaments. Satan comes in and steals the seed away as it is sown in the hearts of people along the way side.
The birds in the story are ministers of Satan. For example:
The Four Kinds of Hearts From A Biblical Perspective
Rightly, there are four kinds of hearts to my mind:
- Hard hearts – These guys make it easy for Satan (the birds) to snatch the Word away. They take a hard plowing before the Word can set in. Let’s take a look at Mark 4. 4, “As He was scattering the seed, some feel along the path, and the birds came and ate it up.” Also, Mark 4.15, “Some people are like seed along the path, where the word is sown. As soon as they hear it, Satan comes takes away the word that was sown in them.” (Also, see Jeremiah 4.3; Hosea 10.12)
- Shallow hearts – These guys don’t have enough soil so the seed can’t get to a proper dept with nothing lasting without roots. This is the emotional heart not realizing the cost to be genuine. Mark 4.5-6, “Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. But when the sun came up the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root.” Also, Mark 4, 16,17 “Others, like seed sown on rocky places hear the word and at once receive it with joy. But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away.
- The Crowed heart – This is a guy who does not truly repent and therefore the weeds: worldly cares and lust for things coke the Word. Let’s review Mark 4.7, “Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants, so that they did not bear grain. Also, Mark 4. 18, 19 “Still others like seed sown among thorns, hear the word, but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desire for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful.”
- The Fruitful heart – The true believer changed by an enlivened life. This life receives the word gladly.
Each of these produces a different enemy that attacks them pretty constantly.
- Hard Heart – the Devil snatches the seed away.
- Shallow Heart – the flesh produces counterfeits where the Word cannot grow
- Crowded Heart – the things of the world smother growth and prevent a harvest.
Big Three – Devil – Flesh – World
Which Way Do I Go?
Hodgepodge, or Defining Some Things
Some of the terms that are used need a little defining. For example:
reprove: I have to admit I did not know the exact meaning of this word even with my education. But, here goes: "convince of a fault, or to make it manifest (or clear)."
divers: I have never used the word before in God I am old in years. The word means: weights, and measures, both of them are alike an abomination to the Lord.
We sow the seeds in our lives like it or not. We preach with our words we choose, how we interact with people we love which we tend to act differently with than strangers. The truth hurts. We sow the seed in our lives and we must not get discouraged. (Galatians 6.9; Psalms 126.5-6)
I believe that one thing that is missing in the society that we live in today is hope. In large part, we have lost the central core of our society to a mixture of soudo science and myths and the strength of the Bible offers the alternative. Read Romans 15.1-6, “For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope”
Another gentle giant of the New Testament that Paul raised and wrote to Timothy he told, “All Scripture is given profitable for reproof, for correction, for instruction, in righteousness, that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly equipped for all good works.” (2Timothy 3.16)
Spritual Warfare is Ragging! Get Ready to Be Ready!!
2020 Poll of Bible and Church Reliance
Is Church and the Bible still relevant to you today?
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2020 Gary E Hill