Unbeliever's - Blind to the Truth
Blind to the Truth
God Takes Unbelief Personally
By the word of the LORD the heavens were made,
and by the breath of his mouth all their host.
He gathers the waters of the sea as a heap;
he puts the deeps in storehouses.
Let all the earth fear the LORD;
let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him!
For he spoke, and it came to be; (Psalm 33.6-9)
Our prayer for the world is "God, please forgive America and the world for its massive unbelief and blindness. In Jesus precious name."
Pascal once said, “In faith, there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don’t.”
The Sanctification Process
The critical issue with a majority of those that call themselves Christians there is not any discernible difference between the person who is not a Christian and the one that is a Christian. Never forget, without the light of the Gospel found in the Bible it is only darkness. With only thirty-six percent of Americans believe the Bible is true you can easily see why God is not happy with us.
Why is this? What are the problems with this phenomenon? Many have taken the first step of accepting Jesus Christ as Savior but have never grown beyond this point and accepted Jesus as Lord with Him on the seat of their heart in the sanctification process. Otherwise, these are simply false conversions of the moment.
2 Corinthians 3.17 and 18 states every Christian should be about the business of being conformed to the image of Jesus Christ. In thinking about the sanctification of the believer did you know God even uses those who do not believe.
Contemplate on this: Romans 9.21 and 22, “Has the potter no right to make from the same lump of clay one vessel for special use and another for ordinary use? But what if God, willing to demonstrate his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience the objects of wrath prepared for destruction?”
After all, it is the Holy Spirit who sanctifies each believer, “For them, I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.” (John 17.19) The Bible has a warning about yielding to the sanctification process.
Hebrews 10.29 states, “How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace?”
Hebrews 4.2, “For we also have had the good news proclaimed to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because they did not share the faith of those who obeyed.” Do not just listen or read, but repent, turn, and put the Lord Jesus on the seat of your heart.
All have heard, some believe. The beloved Peter said, “But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare. Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat. But in keeping with his promise, we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.” (2 Peter 3.10-13) The first time with water, the second time with fire.
Spiritual blindness is caused by many things. God has a list of things He hates. Starting with Proverbs 6:16-19:
1) haughty eyes (These are prideful and arrogant eyes)
2) a lying tongue (This is self-explanatory)
3) hands that kill the innocent (Killing the innocent is a sin God hates; Abortion on demand is a sin)
4) a heart that devises wicked schemes (Any scheme devised outside the Holy Spirit's direction is a sin God hates.
5) feet that are quick to rush into evil. (Have you driven on a late Friday night with the drunks on the road?)
6) a false witness who pours out lies (This could even be those Christians who say one thing and do another. Jesus called them in His day vipers and snakes.)
7) one who sows discord among brothers (This is self-explanatory)
Pride, blind guides, ignorance, caring more what other people think, doing what politically correctness teaches instead of what God teaches are all examples of the above. PC plagiarized the Bible's teaching. PC was a plank in the Humanist Manifesto and a world without God.
Andrew Murray had it right when he spoke: "One great power of sin is that it blinds men so that they do not recognize its true character”
Read on. Straight from the Bible.
1. John 14.17-20 "the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept Him because it neither sees Him nor knows him. But you know Him, for He lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you."
2. 1 Corinthians 2.14 "The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit."
3. 1 Corinthians 1.18-19 "The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God. As the Scriptures say, “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and discard the intelligence of the intelligent.”
4. Matthew 15.14 "so ignore them. They are blind guides leading the blind, and if one blind person guides another, they will both fall into a ditch.”
5. 1 John 2.11 "But anyone who hates another brother or sister is still living and walking in darkness. Such a person does not know the way to go, having been blinded by the darkness."
6. Zephaniah 1.17 “Because you have sinned against the Lord, I will make you grope around like the blind. Your blood will be poured into the dust, and your bodies will lie rotting on the ground.”
7. 1 Corinthians 1.23 "but we preach about a crucified Christ, a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles."
A Fallen Angel named Satan Also Blinds People to the Truth:
8. 2 Corinthians 4.3-4 "If the Good News we preach is hidden behind a veil, it is hidden only from people who are perishing. Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God."
9. 2 Corinthians 11.14 "But I am not surprised! Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light."
Hardening their hearts to the Truth.
10. John 12.39-40 "This is why they could not believe: Isaiah also said, “He has blinded their eyes and hardened their heart, so that they might not perceive with their eyes, and understand with their mind and turn, and I would heal them.”
11. 2 Thessalonians 2.10-12 "He will use every kind of evil deception to fool those on their way to destruction because they refuse to love and accept the truth that would save them. So God will cause them to be greatly deceived, and they will believe these lies. Then they will be condemned for enjoying evil rather than believing the truth."
12. Romans 1.28-32 "And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done. They are filled with every kind of unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, malice. They are rife with envy, murder, strife, deceit, hostility. They are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, contrivers of all sorts of evil, disobedient to parents, senseless, covenant-breakers, heartless, ruthless. Although they fully know God’s righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but also approve of those who practice them."
Those that fail to discern the Truth.
13. Hosea 4.6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge; because you have rejected knowledge, I reject you from being a priest to me. And since you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children."
Scoffing by the spiritually blind.
14. 2 Peter 3.3-4 "Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation."
15. Jude 1.18-19 "They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” These are the people who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit."
Some short Reminders:
16. 1 Corinthians 1,21 "For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe."
17. Matthew 13.15-16 "For the hearts of these people are hardened, and their ears cannot hear, and they have closed their eyes so their eyes cannot see, and their ears cannot hear, and their hearts cannot understand, and they cannot turn to me and let me heal them. “But blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because they hear."
18. Romans 8.7-8 "For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God’s laws, and it never will. That’s why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God."
19. 1 Corinthians 2.15:16 "Those who are spiritual can evaluate all things, but they themselves cannot be evaluated by others. For, “Who can know the LORD’s thoughts? Who knows enough to teach him?” But we understand these things, for we have the mind of Christ."
The beauty of Jesus Christ.
20. John 9.39-41 "Jesus said, “For judgment I came into this world, that those who do not see may see, and those who see may become blind.” Some of the Pharisees near him heard these things, and said to him, “Are we also blind?” Jesus said to them, “If you were blind, you would have no guilt; but now that you say, ‘We see,’ your guilt remains."
21. John 8.11-12 “Jesus said, "Do you see your accusers?", No, Lord,” she said. And Jesus said, “Neither do I. Go and sin no more.” Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.”
A Small Bonus:
2 Corinthians 3.16 "But whenever someone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away." When the veil is removed, the Holy Spirit begins to tell you in a still small voice the truth.
One of my favorites: Romans 12.21 "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."
God Bless America after we Repent!
We Are In The Mess We Are In as a Result of Rejecting God at the Heart of our Country.
The Mess We Are In as a Result of Rejecting God
The US has featured a court system that fails to properly interpret the law as required by Congress but instead rules through adjudicated legislation. The court’s rulings, plus government overreach, and spending have increased the national debt to near 20 trillion dollars which does not include the notes outstanding with China and Germany or Social Security totaling six digit trillions of dollars more. It is a total estimated at $199 trillion dollars.
Atheist and agnostic Americans are blind to the truth by choice. Unfortunately, so are many who call themselves Christian but do not look any different than their unchristian neighbors. (Romans 1.17-32) This same group does not believe what is in the Bible or even the Bible itself. I guess it is better to believe in the fairy tale that there is no God than it is to face the truth there is a God who one day they will have to give an account.
Our countries racial tension is greater now than it was years ago. There is no need for this either. Racial prejudice is a sin as well. There are more significant government intrusions and surveillance now as a result of the last eight years of the Obama administration. Political correctness, embraced by all government entities, industry, and educational institutions, have produced much less tolerance for free speech and thought and a fast-growing atheist group.
Taxpayers are weighed down with additional burdens hidden creatively under the guise of fines and fees galore. The gas taxes are rising yet the roads are deteriorating at a faster pace. Take into consideration the use of signing statements and executive orders, the cost of extended military occupation, drone strikes, plus ongoing wars and it is easy to see our country is much worse off because of the last eight years.
You will not hear any of this from our national media, history revisionist, or the Obama/Clintonites protesting a done fact. They believe things would be better if Obama had been permitted to run for a third term in office. Never forget that Obama and his administrations legacy with the country of Israel was dismay. The United States has never needed to bless Israel more than it does now. In fact, the Bible says, “I will bless those that bless Israel.” (Genesis 12.3)
A promise from God forever for as long as mankind occupies the present earth. By the way, Obama wants you to quit watching Fox News. Tune it in and learn.
President Trump, embattled as he is, seems to care more for all of the people of Israel. Israel has Jews and Arabs living together with respect for the most part. The largest employer of Arabs in the Siani Peninsula is Israel. President Trump has named Jerusalem as the capital of Israel which it has been for several thousand years.
The US Embassy should be moved there as well. Thank God for this historic action. It is long overdue. Meantime, those that disagree with this action took the occasion to take to the streets to loot, destroy property, and hide their faces with a mask like all cowards. Why don’t they unmask and show the world what real cowards look like?
The UN continues to push agendas that, if allowed, will drive the Israelites into the sea. Most fail to recognize the Word of God does not say the world will get better or wars will cease. Realistically our world is getting worse. One only has to investigate to come to the same conclusion.
In fact, many of those singing Clinton and Obamas praises would relate Donald Trump to Hitler. Where were those that are staging sit-ins, marches, and civil disobedience against the election of Trump while failing even to raise a tiny whisper against Obama’s long list of civil liberty abuses and corruption?
As the Rutherford Institute has said, “Yet the reality we must contend with is that the world is a far more dangerous place today than it was eight years ago, and Obama must shoulder some of the blame for that. As President, Harry S. Truman recognized, “The buck stops here.” (https://www.theblaze.com/)
Jesus Did Not Like Rules No One Could Follow
Politics Stinks - Jesus Christ Didn't Like Politics Either
Politics stink at best. Jesus did not like politics and neither do I. By what means did we get to this point in our nation’s history in the shape we are in? The government we elected was deaf, blind, and dumb when it came to the needs of its citizenry and to paying homage to the God that allowed its creation. There is massive unbelief in America and the world. Read this and understand.
“The officer had said to the man of God, ‘Look, even if the LORD should open the floodgates of the heavens, could this happen?’ The man of God had replied, ‘You will see it with your own eyes, but you will not eat any of it!’” ((2 Kings 7:19)
Dr. Spurgen once said, "The holy ones are “the salt of the earth,” the means of the preservation of the wicked." God help we who call ourselves Christian be the means of holding off your wrath against sinful mankind.
We are in the mess we are because Americans are so divided on what they want in a government. The American church is divided every way it can be. America embraces everything that is contrary to the Bible.
Trump seems to get it. Inclusionism is the practice of including all faiths under the same roof practicing different pagan religions Bibles in the bin in front of each believer with the Koran or whatever.
The Bible states emphatically, “If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which is described in this scroll. He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.” (Revelation 22)
Why is it so hard to understand the Bible is an extraterrestrial document that needs no help? Many who do inclusionism have gone to great lengths to change the name of their gatherings and not to include the term that so adequately describes them. But you cannot put the Koran on equal footing with the Bible. It does not deserve that privilege and if read, is more about hate than love.
When I say inclusionism, I do believe in treating all people with love and respect. We should. I am talking about the tendency to try to mix services and Bible studies with the Koran and other philosophies with the Bible. Oil and water do not mix. You cannot mix the Bible with any other pagan religious document.
A four-year study of the Koran in graduate school convinces me that it incites violence for rewards where the New Covenant in the Bible emphasizes love and respect of those that God has created.
In fact, Jesus said the greatest would be a servant, You should never mix hate with love. There are those that would cite the violence in the Old Covenant. Yet Jesus Christ came down from heaven as fully God and fully man not to replace the Old Covenant, but fulfill it in a better way.
We are told to be kind and show love in a real way even to people who loath we who are saved by the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus came to show a better way. The Lord educated us to love our brothers and sisters in Christ.
All love comes from God even if the person giving love does not know where it originated. Remember the verse that flies in the face of those that want to include any other pagan religion besides the Bible.
Jesus told him (Thomas), “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” (John 14.6) In plainly written form what is hard to understand about this verse?
The real attack is against the Bible itself. The fact is this has been the case for several thousand years. It is a fight of light against darkness. “You are either for Me says the Lord or against Me” is fairly straightforward and not a small statement. (Matthew 12.30)
Being a real Christian is not about the just name, but how you represent the name in your life every minute of every day. Non-believers are watching us. You are a child of a soon coming King.
The fact is your sins stand covered because of being a child of Jesus Christ. Is this a reason to sin, of course not. His blood covered sin for those that accept it forever. He also gives us the strength not to intentionally sin.
You have a new name, and your citizenship is in Heaven. An excellent example of living it out in the Bible was the life of Paul. He walked it out 24/7. Today’s Christians are weak at walking out their faith as Paul did.
It is not going to get any easier either as it becomes even darker. Christians need to start pleasing God and doing what pleases Him instead of doing what pleases mankind.
Dr. G. Conclusions
Always be prepared!
"Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect” —1 Peter 3:15
I am preaching to the choir. Always be prepared to defend your faith. You will often do this from my experience with unbelievers. I am convinced without we who believe as a safeguard, the race of mankind would be utterly destroyed for unbelief.
For unforgiven sin, there will be punishment. Doubting the promises and wishes of God is sins. Unbelief in the things of God is a sin that must be punished. We need a national day of prayer to ask God to forgive our sins and help us turn from our wicked ways. Will President Trump do this? He may.
There is a divine reality that a majority of American's disbelieve. This offends me, a child of God. What offends me offends my Father, the Lord Jesus Christ. Dr. Spurgeon said, "A fearful form of unbelief is that doubt which keeps men from coming to Christ; which leads the sinner to distrust the ability of Christ to save him, to doubt the willingness of Jesus to accept such a great transgressor. But the most hideous of all is the traitor, in its true colors, blaspheming God, and madly denying his existence. Infidelity, deism, and atheism, are the ripe fruits of this deadly tree; they are the most massive eruptions of the volcano of unbelief. Unbelief has become fully mature, when removing the mask and laying aside the disguise, it profanely stalks the earth, uttering the rebellious cry."
Well said sir. Thank you for reading and commenting on my and others writing. Dr. G.
I would like you feedback!
© 2018 Gary E Hill