What Is A Prophet - Modern Day Prophets
Following my posts, you may have realized I am all about lifestyle. I have focused basically the entirety of my life on improving myself and I take in knowledge of others to grow as much as I can to be a better version of myself. Because of all the knowledge and wisdom I have accumulated, I want to tell you my take on what a prophet really is.
What Is A Prophet
Because many people are religious, they have this automatic-belief that goes threw their heads all the time, that, what they think, is the "only way" (closed off by belief), and this makes them scared to take in new information.
People may not fully understand the meaning of a prophet, because they just take what the bible says and what they were taught and believe this is what a prophet is because it says so.
What a prophet really is, is a "man" who helps others for the better with his wisdom. A man who is about truth and has "true" wisdom. This is what it is and nothing more than that. All prophets were ordinary men just like you and I who believed in god.
Personal List Of Prophets
If you read my description above, you know what a prophet is, so the reason why I'm posting these people, is because they are men I truly believe are prophets because they help people for the better.
- Buddha - The Buddha was a man who searched for enlightenment, eventually finding it, because he searched deep within himself, and after 48 days of meditation he found the answer he was searching for. He had spread his teachings to those who wanted to listen and because of the impact of his teachings, they were carried down the centuries to today.
- Alan Watts - Alan Watts was a philosopher who knew pretty much every meaning you could think of, and shared his teachings that hundreds of thousands of people are listening to today, maybe even millions. just listen to one of his videos on youtube and you will know why he is a prophet.
- Bob Marley - Many people "label" Bob Marley as the king of marijuana but that is just a label that got carried down like a rumor. Bob Marley was a very kind peace-loving man and his music was all about helping people for the better, listen to his music and you will see. He had amazing wisdom on "present" life.
- Elliott Hulse - Many would laugh at me for naming Elliott Hulse as a prophet because of his status as a youtube star, but others thoughts and opinions don't bother me because all that is, is their own belief system. Prophet is just a word and nothing else and people take the meaning way beyond what it is. Elliott Hulse is a truly inspiring man and is very smart who uses his knowledge to help people for the better. He is a true man with a heart and is without a doubt a prophet in my mind.
Of course there is one more important person who I must list.
- Bruce Lee - Studying Bruce Lee since I was 14 years old gave me the base of my wisdom in life from studying his Martial Arts Philosophy, and basically all his talks in his interviews which he had gave during his time. I took in from his interviews at 15, and later on when I got older, read his books which was full of knowledge that I didn't know about. I suggest studying him.
So all of you now see what a prophet truly is, some may still be in a state where they disagree and that's your choice, it's not my life and I'm not going to tell you what this and that is and how to live your life. You simply looked this up and it was at your convenience to find, you can either go against it or learn from it, it's your choice, but ultimately this is to give everyone who reads an understanding and my point of what a prophet is, who many people who I look up to would agree with.
Thank you all for reading and I hope you do your best to improve your lives,
thank you :)
What do you think a prophet is
Search Friendly Titles
- What is a prophet
- Who are prophets
- Prophets ordinary men
- What makes a prophet
- Modern day prophets
What is your take
In my eyes this is what a prophet is because of all the experience I went through and from all the knowledge I obtained, it lead me to having a clear understanding on life.
So tell me, because some of you may not agree, what do you think a prophet truly is.
© 2013 PoeticPhilosophy