- Religion and Philosophy»
- Christianity, the Bible & Jesus
What Makes the Christian Life an Exciting and Adventurous Life
Many people view the Christian life as a life without fun, excitement and happiness. A life of religion is actually without fun. But their view of fun is going out and partying and getting drunk. This can affect your health, money and life.
As someone who grew up in a Christian home and been part of different denominations and churches, I had my share of good and bad experiences. Some churches were legalistic, only concerned with the do's and dont's, and if you were only going to heaven and hell and not enjoying the Christian walk with God. Some did not believe in the blood of Jesus to cleanse us from sin and would condemn and accuse of the sins of the past, even though God forgives when we come and ask Him to. It took the fun out of Christianity. Some were into titles, gifts and big names, and competing with one another and not into helping regular folks.
But through getting involved in a ministry and church for the past 13 years in Georgia, I have learned to balance out my life, question everything in churches, never idolize the leadership of a church because they are human and have flaws. I always go back to what the Word of God says about everything and have joy in studying the Word, worshiping and praying daily.
Why is Christianity Fun and Thrilling?
- 10 Misleading Views and Beliefs from Christians
As a believer in Jesus Christ, I discovered from other Christians, some shocking views and misconceptions about God, the Christian life, faith, prayer, Bible and other issues which is being taught
- 20 Questions Every Christian Should Be Prepared to Answer from Non-Christians
Christians should be always be prepared to defend the faith and answer the questions of unbelievers when the opportunity arises. Here are twenty questions they should always know the answer to.
- 20 Things Every Christian Should and Need to Pray For
Prayer is vitally important and is talking to God. Aside from praying for ourselves and family needs, here are some things from the Bible to include in your prayer time as much as possible.
1. The Christian Life is like going to School all over again- As we start from preschool, kindergarten, elementary, high school and college and go from grades and different levels, learn different things and graduate from one level to the next in the same way; The Christian life is a never ending journey of going to classes, learning from teachings and taking tests until we pass.
- Class and Test of Patience
- Class and Test of Waiting on God
- Class and Test of Forgiveness - towards our selves and others
- Class and Test of Obeying God and His Word more than Father or Mother or Friends
- Class and Test of Walking out our Fears
- School of Prayer- some prayers are not answered instantaneously, but may take longer than expected. Like God promising Abraham a son, and fulfilling that promise a few decades after.
- Class and Test of Envy
- Class and Test of Loving God more than anything
- Class and Test of Loving People from different races and wanting them to be successful in all that they set their heart to do- to test if we are bias in any way
- Class and Test of Selfishness/Selflessness
- School of Winning others to Christ - when we testify of the goodness of God to those in the street corners or anywhere, we learn a lot about others, when they are receptive or not and how to minister to the different types of people and we learn a lot how God works and about ourselves.
A Christian can be 21 years, but have a two year mentality in the Kingdom of God.
2. A life of Being Mentored and Growing Up in God the Father's House- Just like a newborn that has parents to take care of him/her until he/she is able to take responsibility, be independent as a young adult, in that growing up process before adulthood, parents presented him/her with rules of the house, and taught many things about life, people, love, friends, hygiene, etc. Some biological families that do not promote character, may have taught their children to lie, gossip, curse, swear, cheat, etc
In the same way, we are taught principles, truths,how to love God, ourselves, others, how to handle storms in our lives, deal with conflict and offenses, and many other things from the Heavenly Father.
According to these verses, this is a view of the Heavenly Father and Son
10 Hear, O my son, and receive my sayings; and the years of your life shall be many.11 I have taught you in the way of wisdom; I have led you in right paths.When you go, your steps shall not be straitened; and when you run, you shall not stumble.13 Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is your life.14 Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men. (Proverbs 4:10-14)
3. A Life of Encountering God in Different Seasons of Our Lives
In Ecclesiastes 3:1- To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: As there are 4 seasons in the United States, so in the Christian life, there are seasons as well, such as seasons of joy, suffering, pain, seasons of waiting, seasons of wandering in the wilderness, seasons of decisions, seasons of temptations, seasons of heartache, seasons of lacks, seasons of prosperity, etc
As we read the Bible, Abraham and Jacob had many encounters with God at different times in his life, before and after the birth of Issac, Jacob wrestled with a man, before meeting his brother Esau. The Lord appeared to them in their journey. Moses encountered God in the Burning Bush, Saul of Tarsus encountered the Lord on the road of Damascus while he was on his way to slaughter the disciples of the Lord (Acts 9:1)
Peter, James and John encountered God at the Mount of Transfiguration and there are many more encounters.
No matter where you are in your walk with God and what is taking place in your life, God wants to meet you where you are at and give you real encounters with Him as he did with great men and women of God in the Bible.
- 43 One-Liners on How to Pray for Yourself
Although we are to pray for the pressing needs in our nation, family and community, we should not neglect praying for ourselves. Here are some important simple ways to pray for yourself.
- 20 Things Christians Should Know in the Old Testament
How is your bible knowledge? Do we really know the Word of God? Here are some things every Christian should know and need to know about in the Old Testament of the Bible.
- 11 Great Gift Ideas for Christians
This Hub consists of many thoughtful suggestions and unique gift ideas to give to your Christian friends and loved ones. This will make your Christmas shopping less stressful for the Holiday season.
- 20 Facts Every Christian Should Know about the Gospel.
The Gospels of the Bible are Matthew, Mark and Luke. Here are very important things every Christian need to know about the Gospels of the Bible.
4. A Life of Overcoming and becoming Like Christ character - As a Christian believer, we do not become free of the struggles of sin as a result of accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior. There is always something to work on, whether it Overcoming Unforgiveness, Rejection, Jealousy, Fear, Worry, Rage, Lust, Addictions, a Bad Mouth, Gossipping, Cursing, Lying. Situations come up all the time.
Romans 8:37- We are more than conquerors through Jesus who Loved us
Revelation 12:11- They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony.
II Corinthians 3:18- But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
The fun part is finding out what the Bible says and What God's perspective on that particular behavior is. Study the scripture verses on that particular area, meditate (ponder and think about it over and over) and then pray those verses.
If you struggle with the a bad mouth and bad tongue, look up for scriptures in that area. Begin to pray and meditate on them. For example, here are just a few verses.
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. (Ephesians 4:29)
I will greatly praise the Lord with my mouth; yea, I will praise him among the multitude. (Psalm 109:30)
Keep your tongue from evil, and your lips from speaking guile. (Psalm 34:13)
5. A Life of fighting our own Goliaths, Jezebel's, Pharaoh's, Philistines, Judas, Pharisees, Sanballat's and Tobiah's, etc- The Christian life is never boring, when there is a battle to be fought and a war to be won.
6. A Life of Being an Agent of Hope and Giving Hope- to the hopeless, to those in tough times, the poor, needy, afflicted, homeless, people in prison, and anyone.
Happy is he that has the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God: (Psalm 146:5)
The hope of the righteous shall be gladness: but the expectation of the wicked shall perish. (Proverbs 10:28)
Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost. (Romans 15:13)
7. A Life of Praying for Others, Specific Issues and Seeing the Answers and God showing up and doing wonders- God has called everyone to pray, not just ministers and preachers.
8. It's an Adventure of Going Places and Stepping Out- of sharing Christ with people of different races, culture, countries, our own cities. and learning about how to share our faith with different types of people, the poor, the wealthy, the famous, the people with bad childhood, abuse, addiction, etc.